X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Brooklyn Rules familiar but well done

The director of Brooklyn Rules( Michael Corrente ) must be have studied Martin Scorcese's style, because I could have sworn I was watching a Scorcese film.

This is a story about three life long friends ( Freddie Prinz Jr., Jerry Ferrara and Scott Caan ). We see how they developed from childhood to their early twenties where Prinz is hoping to get in law school, Ferrara just wants a good job, and Caan who leans toward a life in the mob. Alec Baldwin plays a nasty mob boss ( just one look from him can make your blood go cold) who takes a liking to the boys. But this is mob-ruled Brooklyn during the John Gotti wars and bad things happen that impacts the lives of these three friends, but showing, in the end, that true friends don't have to always be together in order for friendship to endure

The film is scripted by Soprano writer Terence Winter and a good script it is. And even though Corrente's direction is a blatant Scorcese knockoff, he shows he has talent.The performances by Prinz Jr., Ferrera and Cann ( who looks more and more like his dad every time I see him ) are warm and poignant. Baldwin, as usual, is great as the mob boss. The story is familiar but the script, direction and acting make it well worth seeing.

:T
    Last edited by George Bellefontaine; 24 September 2007, 11:31 Monday.
    My Homepage!
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"