X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Mad Max Fury Road

I'm on a roll (short lull in my schedule). An audio workout extraordinaire. My subs were earning their keep. A review described it as a two hour adrenaline rush. Pretty much sums it up. NOT a date movie (at least not early in the relationship), even with the (surprisingly well integrated) feminist subtext in the story. It's not an "in your face" agenda movie, for anyone who might be worried about such things.

:T
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

it kicked but at the Oscar's
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Excited to watch this but I barely have time to watch movies WITH my wife and I doubt she'll want to see this one...
      Jason

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Tell her it is a feminist critique of action movie tropes disguised as a conventional sci-fi/post-apocalyptic popcorn blockbuster. Perhaps that'll convince her to try it out. (Or not). 8)

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Did not enjoy this one. Minimalist plot, solely relied on obligatory smashing visuals. I recommend it for those who like the idea of apocalypse movies, but don't bother for a story or the human condition element. For those who like big trucks driving fast with steampunk themes and massive visuals.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• oldbob
            • Aug 2016

I thought it was just me. I was bored throughout. I need more than just action and noise.

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by oldbob
              I thought it was just me. I was bored throughout. I need more than just action and noise.
              Same response here as well. Was hoping for more from the largely positive reviews.
              Jason

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"