• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Fury

Fury

I am surprised how this film went quiet into the night.

I was totally blindsided by the depth, morality & accuracy of this movie.
    It met if not surpassed the impact that 'Saving Private Ryan' has.

Each character is exquisitely developed.
    The dire consequence of each and every individual action, big or small during a time that would determine the outcome of all future humanity is presented in a visceral, singular manner that brings you, as spectator, as close to that specific time in history in an amazing, almost virtual way.

This was not the movie I was expecting.
    It was far, far more.

An in-depth study of the human condition when faced with life & death decisions, sacrifices, & unspeakable brutality while at the same time, struggling to find a way for innate compassion for every life to justify such actions.

I was floored by this film….absolutely floored…..
    Last edited by Chris D; 31 May 2015, 14:13 Sunday. Reason: Title spelling
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

I agree, good movie!

FYI, for the life of me I couldn't figure out what movie you were talking about, till I clicked on the hyperlink you embedded. I edited the post for one "r" in Fury. Searching for "Furry" brings up all sorts of bizarre films about animals and... stuff...
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• wkhanna
      • Jan 2006

Thanks, Chris! ops:

Spell-checker often fails to disguise my dyslexia.
      _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

I'll have to look in to this one, thanks :T
        Jason

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

I'm with Bill on this one. This was one of the best war time films I've seen! Depicted at the end of WWII, This film magically depicts the lives of a 5 man tank crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines in Nazi Germany. This film grabbed me right from the beginning and never let go until the very end. Excellent character development and overall story line. This film feels incredibly real!

If you like War films you owe it to yourself to check this one out! My only criticism of the film was once again that the dialogue was sometimes hard to make out clearly at a medium volume. As well, for those with 'dark' TV's like Plasma's or in my case, An older LCOS RVP television set, I would strongly recommend that you watch this at night or in a dark room as most of the film is filmed in dark situations (there's no sunshine in this film folks!). In a room with ambient outside light, you might have difficulty making out certain scenes.

I have zero criticism of the film itself and it's one of the best I've seen in awhile. 9/10 stars for an engaging film!!

PS.....Check out the bonus footage after the film as it depicts all of the training and preparation the actors went through before making this film.
          Dan Madden :T

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

I liked everything about the film.
            My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

George! Hey, hope you're doing well, buddy! :later:
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Chris D
                George! Hey, hope you're doing well, buddy! :later:
                I am doing fine, Chris. I hope you are doing well, too.

I check in here every now and then to make sure you guys are behaving yourselves...and watching the right kind of movies, too...
                My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Sep 2004

I guess that means you're up for the teen rom-com weekend marathon I've been planning? :lol:

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

Oh, George... if you only knew all the movies I've been watching. As you know, retirement allows for some extra time for the theater.

Latest one, I learned that Kevin Smith did a new film lately, so I rented it. "Tusk". One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Turns out is was done as kind of a farce, something like "Snakes on a Plane". Kevin Smith found a really strange advertisement looking for a roommate of sorts, and joked with another guy in a podcast how it could be part of a larger stupid horror film. Well, the podcast fans dared him to turn it into a movie, and he did. Some of the extra features were fascinating about the film making process, but the movie itself was terrible.

Right now I'm doing a Law & Order marathon while I'm typing.
                    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2001

:lol:
                      Originally posted by Ovation
                      I guess that means you're up for the teen rom-com weekend marathon I've been planning? :lol:
                      I wouldn't miss that for anything, Paul !:lol:
                      My Homepage!

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Chris D
                        Oh, George... if you only knew all the movies I've been watching. As you know, retirement allows for some extra time for the theater.

Latest one, I learned that Kevin Smith did a new film lately, so I rented it. "Tusk". One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Turns out is was done as kind of a farce, something like "Snakes on a Plane". Kevin Smith found a really strange advertisement looking for a roommate of sorts, and joked with another guy in a podcast how it could be part of a larger stupid horror film. Well, the podcast fans dared him to turn it into a movie, and he did. Some of the extra features were fascinating about the film making process, but the movie itself was terrible.
                        OMG, you have too much time on your hands, Chris.
                        Don't miss Paul's teen rom-com weekend :lol:
                        My Homepage!

Comment

• wkhanna
                          • Jan 2006

Hi Sir George!

Glad to hear from you & especially glad to hear your doing well.

Be well, stay well, & remember to always, always, keep that stick on the ice.

Bill
                          _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Jan 2001

Will do, Bill.
                            My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"