X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • booktrunk
    • Aug 2004

eeek going mad thinking of selling Rotel

Help save me from madness!!

About once every 8 months to a year I go mad. My idea this month is to sell My Rotel kit and buy a second hand Musical Fideilty A308 pre and power amp. Then play with stereo for a while!!

Someone bring me back to sanity... Already sold two of my amps Down to 1068 & 985 Mk ii

Steff
    "Whether sad, angry, distressed, eager, or playful, elephants are this in a big way"

"The way in which our society deals with minorities is a guide to our civilisation."
  • Andrew M Ward
    • Apr 2005

... Okay

I don't see the problem, part of being into audio is experiencing lots of audio equipment.

Frankly I love changing out pieces just for fun.

in fact: I have a buddy coming over tonight and we're going to listen to some
    Linn Speakers as well as B&W 804s / Proceed AVP2+6 preamp and Classe' SSP-600 & Rotel RSP1098 pre's / Classe' CDP-100 CD player and Rotel 1050 DVD & Denon (old school) DCD3000...

throw in a few different power amps and make it an evening!

No worries buddy, trade away and enjoy!
    BTW: all the listening tonight will be 2 channel (only)

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Steff MF makes some great gear (I've got one of their amps in my rack at the moment as well). So long as you're not paying full retail for them they'll have strong resale value so you can always come back to the flock later on

Comment

• booktrunk
        • Aug 2004

Well...

I've found a solution

Kept my RSP-1068 & RB985 mkii and getting a Musical Fidelity A308 intergrated amp and MF A3.24 DAC :-) So this should hopefully all sound good together picking the MF stuff up at the end of the week
        "Whether sad, angry, distressed, eager, or playful, elephants are this in a big way"

"The way in which our society deals with minorities is a guide to our civilisation."

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Nice gear!

Comment

• calmac
            • May 2005

MF have made some very interesting product over the years but I hope the reliability has improved since I was in retail.In the U.K. we used to have a saying :MF ,badly built and badly backed.I have owned a few MF products and liked the sound but was always appalled at the internal build quality.My experiences relate to 80's and early 90's equipment however my experience after 20yrs in hi-fi retail has been that "leopards seldom change their spots".
            Sorry to be a downer guys.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"