X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Chris D
    The first one was nice. Is that character Galatus, as discussed earlier in this thread?

No, that is Thanos. He was a real threat to the Avengers in the comics. There is a scene in Thor where they show the vault with some treasures that they guard. One was the Infinity Gauntlet. In the comics, Thanos used the cube (the one Loki had in Avengers) to create the Infinity Gauntlet... which basically made him omnipotent. So he kills everyone... just to impress a woman, Death.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• impala454
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2007

Interesting, so is that probably the plot of the next movie then?
      -Chuck

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Well, there you go then!

Yet another thing my wife and I were talking about regarding the Hulk, when Banner revealed that he had once tried to kill himself with a gun during a "low point", he pointed out that he couldn't be killed with gunfire because the "guy inside" had chewed up the bullet and spit it back out. So this means that Banner/Hulk are not like Jeckyll and Hyde, where it's one or the other. This means the Hulk is ALWAYS present, and that you can't kill Banner in any way that would also not kill the Hulk. I'm not sure if this is consistent with the comics, but it's an interesting aspect.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• impala454
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2007

Yeah I thought that was a pretty neat thing too. I'll ask my comic nuts buddy if that's consistent with the comics.
          -Chuck

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"