• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

"House of Cards" series review

House of Cards

My local library just picked up series 1 of this riveting drama that shows us the kind of treachery that can happen in D.C politics. It's a world of greed, sex and corruption as the back of the box indicates and it's all true in this series.

I'm just into the 3rd disc of this 3 disc first series and I'm finding it very entertaining, if not sometimes a little over my head on occasion. Kevin Spacey is perfectly cast in this show as are the others. I'm particularly fond of Kate Mara's role and performance as well.

Love this show ! :T:T 8.5/10 stars
    Dan Madden :T
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

I've watched all 3 seasons on Netflix. Very entertaining.

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Ovation
      I've watched all 3 seasons on Netflix. Very entertaining.
      Ya......strike me dead if I'm wrong but.....this series was exclusive to Netfix no?? Is is still on and current now or is it cancelled?

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Netflix financed it's production with HBO. It's actually the most expensive show ever produced, or it was in season 1. It's also still one of Netflix's most watched shows I believe and I agree with everything this is one of my all time favorite shows for sure.

And no it's not cancelled, they wouldn't dare lol.

Comment

• Ovation
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Apparently, Kevin Spacey (no way to know if serious) has stated he expects it to run 12 seasons. Either his wife becomes president or they repeal the XXIInd amendment in the show. :lol:

Comment

• madmac
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2010

Well, it's certainly well written, well acted, and only Kevin Spacey could get away with talking to the camera and make it work !

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"