X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

"Heros" season 1

I just started spinning season 1 of Heros and I'm really liking it! . Basically a supernatural type series about a bunch of genetically modified people that have inherited supernatural abilities (Flying...mind reading.....immortality...ect)

This is a VERY complicated series with a lot of characters and sub-plots. However, if you follow it long enough (It moves somewhat slowly) it starts to all come together and you get into it. The acting, character development, and writing is all excellent. :T

7/10 so far into season 1 but I have heard from others that it gets dumb into later seasons!
    Dan Madden :T
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Yeah there is another thread around here about Heroes from when it originally aired. I loved it but then the writers guild strike happened and they hired backup writers that screwed the show over pretty much and then it was canceled. Although there is a mini series movie coming out next year I believe to try and finish off the series. I still liked the series all the way to the end, honestly at the cancellation point it was actually starting to get good again.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Yeah sadly they couldn't keep up the level of the first season and it kind of petered out and got cancelled. The first season was phenomenal though IMO.

Interesting to hear about the mini-series Dougie! I'll have to keep an eye out
      Jason

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Yeah their second rate writers just didn't have the same quality of work... Honestly it didn't start getting weird until like season 3 imo.

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

Well, I'm deep into season 1 now and heading for season 2 and....... so far so good. I'm enjoying it! I'll keep watching it until it gets dumb like "Walking dead" did quickly.

Comment

• Face
            • Mar 2007

TWD did pick up after Season 2. Heros never recovered.
            SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

idk ever since that season where they were in the prison I haven't felt much like watching TWD......

Comment

• madmac
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2010

I'm into season 2 of this series now and the abundant use of subtitles is beginning to wear on me!

Comment

• Ovation
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Sep 2004

I don't remember there being too many subtitles but then again, I often watch foreign language movies with subtitles, in part for work, so I've stopped noticing. I also always prefer subtitles to dubbing, in any case.

Comment

• madmac
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2010

Ya Ovation.......I can't stand dubbing either. I don't mind subtitles but in the case of an American TV series, I find that at one point it was getting out of hand with this series.

Either way, I've walked away from this series into Season 2 because it was getting too dumb and convoluted to death!

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"