X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Seeking Justice

After his wife ( January Jones ) gets sexually assaulted,Nicolas Cage finds himself involved with a secret vigilante society run by Guy Pearce. The idea is, the dirty culprit will be dealt with but somewhere along the line, Cage will be asked to return the favor with ( what was supposed to be) some simple act. But he soon finds out the simple act involves killing someone.

Well, it's another potboiler and Cage ( who used to be one helluva actor ) gives his usual ( of late ) mundane performance. So, even though the plot is a real stretch, it kept me interested enough to see just how Cage was going to get out of one horrible mess, and when he does it just isn't al that satisfying, and the so-called shocker of a last scene could be seen a mile back. Okay for a rental if nothing else good is available, but whatever you do, don't buy it. You'll never want to watch it a second time.
    My Homepage!
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
    After his wife ( January Jones ) gets sexually assaulted,Nicolas Cage finds himself involved with a secret vigilante society run by Guy Pearce. The idea is, the dirty culprit will be dealt with but somewhere along the line, Cage will be asked to return the favor with ( what was supposed to be) some simple act. But he soon finds out the simple act involves killing someone.

Well, it's another potboiler and Cage ( who used to be one helluva actor ) gives his usual ( of late ) mundane performance. So, even though the plot is a real stretch, it kept me interested enough to see just how Cage was going to get out of one horrible mess, and when he does it just isn't al that satisfying, and the so-called shocker of a last scene could be seen a mile back. Okay for a rental if nothing else good is available, but whatever you do, don't buy it. You'll never want to watch it a second time.
    Not surprised at all
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

I like all three actors and nearly rented this but decided to wait until it's out of the new releases section. Good to know the wait isn't costing me a classic viewing.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Ovation
        Good to know the wait isn't costing me a classic viewing.
        Believe me, Paul, there's no rush.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Good. I've still got seasons 3 and 4 of Breaking Bad on tap, a lot of films to watch for a course I'm prepping for the fall on World History and a viewing of the complete BBC Planet Earth series in preparation for an assignment I'm creating for a geography class I'm also teaching this fall.

I'd also like to sneak in a few movies that might prove diverting and entertaining in there as well.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Wow, you're a busy man, Paul. :E
            My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

I didn't even mention taking care of the kids full time this summer and teaching a summer course online.

A recent visit to a zoo allowed me learn something about giraffes that makes me quite envious (and it isn't their height--though I wouldn't mind 3-4 inches more in the vertical dimension )--they often only sleep 20 minutes a night and average 2 hours a night. Think of all the extra films I could watch. :E

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Ah, but wouldn't your neck block the projector then?

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Been a slow summer for movie releases. I haven't seen much that got me to raise much more than a half eyebrow in months...
                  Jason

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

On DVD, yes... quite a few in the theater that I've been wanting to see, though. Really looking forward to the new Batman.
                    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• madmac
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by aud19
                      Been a slow summer for movie releases. I haven't seen much that got me to raise much more than a half eyebrow in months...

Sadly, this time of the summer is always slow dvd wise
                      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by madmac
                        Sadly, this time of the summer is always slow dvd wise
                        Yeah, this time of year I usually go digging through my vast collection and dig out one of the old classics.
                        My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Dec 2000

I'm still plugging through my Netflix queue. Over 500 movies on it, which will take me decades to get and watch them all.
                          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"