X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

THE RUNDOWN was a pleasant surprise

THE RUNDOWN stars The Rock as Beck, a retriever/bounty hunter, who is hired to bring Travis ( Seann William Scott) back to the States from the Amazon. Seems Travis was a bad boy and daddy wants him back to face the music, but the real story begins as Beck and Travis come up against a nasty town boss ( Christopher Walken) and then the fun really starts. Beck and Travis reluctantly join forces to seek out a treasure and help the local rebels who are resisting Walken and company, which leads up to a wild showdown.

This flick was a real surprise. It is well written, well directed and even well acted. The Rock has shown tremendous improvement in his acting ability since The Scorpion King, but fact is, he has something better to work with here. The Rundown has everything going for it; action, adventure, drama and plenty of humor. And though it is a Peter Berg film, think John Woo when it comes to the choreographed fight scenes. Picture quality is outstanding and the sound track will test your system. It's loaded with LF effects. This is a fun film I will enjoy watching again.

BTW, Awnold makes an appearance. A symbolic passing of the torch ? Well don't be surprised if The Rock turnes out to be the next big boxoffice action hero .

:4:

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

A friend of mine said pretty much the same thing about this film. I guess I'll have to put it on my list.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Danbry39
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2002

Thanks for the reminder. I've also heard good things about this film. In fact, I'll go out and see if I can get it tonight. Been listening to too much music. Time for a little home theater again.

Keith
      Keith

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Keith! Good to see ya back and posting :T

Looks like a good one to take a look at.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

• Bam!
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2004

Hey guys!

I`ve seen it...last week...wanted to post about it.....
          ops:

I know a movie from The Rock...but hey he was pretty good!

Bam!
          Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• Danbry39
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Sep 2002

Hey, thanks Jason.

Great to see you as moderator of Club Rotel. :T

Hopefully, I'll be able to post more. Just a time thing right now.

Keith
            Keith

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Always good to hear from you, Keith. Let us know what you think about The Rundown.

My Homepage!
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Danbry39
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Sep 2002

Hey, George. Just saw it with my two daughters and we all really enjoyed the picture. Once again, you've come through with a great recommendation. I'll tell you that my highlights were the martial arts displays by Seann William Scott. He added just the right amount of comedic spice to the film. He and the Rock had great chemistry.

Keith
                Keith

Comment

• Aeromos
                  • Jun 2003

This is one of the movies I have on my "to own list". It looks funny.

Aeromos
                  Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
                  My Collection
                  Aeromos
                  My Collection

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2001

Yep, definitely worth owning.

Keith, you're right about that funny martial arts stuff. I also thought that scene with the baboons was hilarious.

My Homepage!
                    My Homepage!

Comment

• Aeromos
                      • Jun 2003

We watched this movie last night. It was hillarious. I definitely will be buying this one. The Rock is definitely improving with his acting. His training in wrestling helped in doing some of the scenes. Seann was funny as always especially with his "thunder and some lightning".

Aeromos
                      My Collection
                      Aeromos
                      My Collection

Comment

• John Holmes
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

Just watched this last night. You guys nailed this one. I was going to pass on it from the trailer but, I would have missed a solid film. Just the right balance of everything that an action flick should have.
                        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Trevor Schell
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

Picture quality is outstanding and the sound track will test your system. It's loaded with LF effects. This is a fun film I will enjoy watching again.
                          Absolutely!!
                          The rear surrounds were on the money and very dynamic on this one.
                          Another one I am buying after renting it this weekend.
                          The other was Kill Bill Vol 1
                          Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"