X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Repo Men pretty gory

Set in the future, this film stars Jude Law and Forest Whitaker as repo men for a company that sells artificial organs on credit. And if the receipient can't make his payments on time, then Law and Whitaker hunt you down and reclaim the organ at the expense of the poor bastard's life. Then irony steps in and Law needs an artificial heart and suddenly, unable to make the payments ( on something that costs a half million bucks ) he finds himself on the run.

The film rambles a bit, but overall I found it an interesting premise. On the other hand, I didn't like what seemed like a tacked on ending, and I also felt there was way too much gore, but I'd say it is a worthwhile rental for most sci-fi fans.
    My Homepage!
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
    Set in the future, this film stars Jude Law and Forest Whitaker as repo men for a company that sells artificial organs on credit. And if the receipient can't make his payments on time, then Law and Whitaker hunt you down and reclaim the organ at the expense of the poor bastard's life. Then irony steps in and Law needs an artificial heart and suddenly, unable to make the payments ( on something that costs a half million bucks ) he finds himself on the run.

The film rambles a bit, but overall I found it an interesting premise. On the other hand, I didn't like what seemed like a tacked on ending, and I also felt there was way too much gore, but I'd say it is a worthwhile rental for most sci-fi fans.
    Yes the gore was overboard, Whitaker is a sick dude check out "the EXPERIMENT"
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Industrial
      • Mar 2009

Wow that almost sounds like "Repo: The Genetic Opera"!

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

I thought the premise and the performances were a lot better than the actual structure of the film. Liev Schrieber is woefully underused and the ending "twist" undermines much of the investment anyone might make in the characters. A somewhat decent rental (if the gore doesn't bother you) but I won't be adding it to the collection.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Ovation
          and the ending "twist" undermines much of the investment anyone might make in the characters.
          Yes, Paul, you said it much better than I.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• P-Dub
            Office Moderator
            • Aug 2000

Agree, a rental at best. I saw it in the theater and I got the twist early on.
            Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"