X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

All The King's Men 2006 version

Watched this over the weekend. This is a political drama somewhat based on the life of US Governor Huey Long. The 2006 version stars Sean Penn as the ruthless Governor Willie Stark. Broderick Crawford played this role in the original 1949 version. There is a good supporting cast that includes Jude Law , Kate Winslet, Anthony Hopkins, James Gandolfini, Mark Ruffalo and Patricia Clarkson. It is a pretty dynamic and potent drama, but due to its political storyline, some may not like it. But I will say this, Sean Penn's performance ( IMHO ) was Oscar material.

:T :T :T :T
    My Homepage!
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

How does it compare to the original Sir George?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Nick M
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

I liked it. The best scene was when Penn fired off into his first speech at the county fair.
      ~Nick

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by David Meek
        How does it compare to the original Sir George?
        Pretty much the same storyline ( they were based on the novel by Robert Penn Warren) but with two different directors you are bound to get different approaches to a subject and such is the case here. But both versions are well done, and let's not forget that Broderick Crawford won best actor at the 1949 Oscars for his take on Governor Willie Stark.
        My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"