X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Dial M for Murder

This is a classic Hitchcock mystery/drama. On someone's recommendation I can't remember, way back I put it on my Netflix queue. Just watched it. WOW. Just in case you ever need a reminder of Hitchcock's supremacy as a director, just give this one a watch. (or re-watch) Not only is it an interesting story, (not masterful, though) there are directing touches like lighting, shadows, and camera placement that even today blow away other filmmakers.

I found out very quickly from the start that this is not a movie you can watch while doing other stuff, like surfing internet news as I occasionally do on my laptop. You have to pay meticulous attention to what Hitchcock shows you in the movie, and what characters are doing.

Great stuff, and a CAN'T MISS for any movie afficionado. Not perfection, but I gave it :45: out of :5:. I'm going to revisit Hitchcock's other stuff, too.
    Last edited by Chris D; 30 March 2010, 16:59 Tuesday.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

... oh, and Grace Kelly is HOT, too! :T
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

You're absolutely correct, Chris. You can't take your eyes off this movie for a moment. Oh, yeah, I agree about Grace Kelly. Such a classy and beautiful lady. She went far too soon.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Even a bad Hitchcock is better than 90% of what's out there--and this is among his better efforts.

And Grace Kelly? One of the three most compelling arguments for classic films in hi-def (the other two being Ingrid Bergman and Audrey Hepburn, of course).

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I agree on all counts, Hitchcock, the film, Grace Kelly and all. Yessir. :T

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"