Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

G.I. Joe

Who has it on BR? Whatcha think?
    B&W
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Actually, I'd be curious what it's like on BD. I just saw it on an international airplane flight. Thought it was so-so.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I damn near rented the blu-ray over the weekend but just wasn't sure whether or not I'd feel bad over parting with my money if it turns out I hate it. I'll probably watch it eventually and if someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll post comments here.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I'll say this--I really enjoyed watching BOTH of the ladies in the movie. Rrrawrrrr!!!!
        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Chris D
          I'll say this--I really enjoyed watching BOTH of the ladies in the movie. Rrrawrrrr!!!!
          Well if I don't like the movie, the ladies could be the redeeming feature... :P
          My Homepage!

Comment

• maseline_98
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
            Well if I don't like the movie, the ladies could be the redeeming feature... :P
            That's why ugly people aren't in movies(thought Ron Howard keeps putting Clint Howard in movies???)...

All in all...this movie looked pretty dumb to me. It seemed like a 'save the world' movie that had some G.I.J.O.E. characters in it...they could have easily left the G.I.J.O.E. out of it and still made the same movie...but I'm only speculating because I did not actually see the movie...I bet it sounds gr8 though :T

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
            Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

Comment

• NMG
              • Oct 2004

I actually didn't mind it and thought it was better than Transformers 2 in fact. Yeah it was mindless entertainment, the plot was predictable and the character development was pretty much non-existent, but it was what it was, an action flick with lots of action. Great PQ and SQ on BR as well. I wouldn't buy it, but I had no issues with the rental.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

Originally posted by NMG
                I wouldn't buy it, but I had no issues with the rental.
                Yeah I'll likely go for a rental and shut down my brain.
                My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Sure... why interrupt the blood flow to other parts of your body?
                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Chris D
                    Sure... why interrupt the blood flow to other parts of your body?
                    ... and at my age, that's very important, Chris. :lol:
                    My Homepage!

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

I borrowed it from my buddy.
                      It wasnt a great movie as far as the story goes. But it was entertaining and there was some damn fine females to drool over.

Great SQ and PQ. Good no brainer entertaining way to spend a few hrs.
                      B&W

Comment

• Azeke
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2003

It was definitely a Popcorn/Brain Dump flick with good action sequences.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Azeke
                          It was definitely a Popcorn/Brain Dump flick with good action sequences.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
                          After watching this last night, I couldn't agree more, Azeke. And even though most of the scenes were in environments on the darker side, the hi-def PQ just popped, and the audio was pretty good, too. I wouldn't care to watch it again, but I don't regret renting it.
                          My Homepage!

Comment

• 1oldguy
                            • Dec 2008

I was silly enough to have gone and bought this.Forever will I think of this movie as G.I. Joke.Go to Rotten tomatoes...Seems very few liked it there as well.
                            A Man should never Gamble more than he can stand to loose.

Comment

• greenhorn
                              • Feb 2007

I skipped right to "quick reply" and intentionally did not read others posts to start with, I'll do that shortly.

What a dud. No acting, no dialog, little story. The only thing going for it was the special effects, and I thought they were a overdone mash up.

I would have to be payed to watch this again.

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"