New king of Blu-ray reference discs...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007
    • 3815

    #1

    New king of Blu-ray reference discs...

    I was looking through the blu-ray release list and found this gem. It's coming out August 4th, a date I have now circled on my calendar. Originally filmed in 4K and featuring DTS-HD MA audio, it is sure to trump any existing blu-ray reference disc.

    -Chuck
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006
    • 2109

    #2
    187 minutes of pet fun will lighten your mood and make your heart both laugh and melt.
    Delightfully cute puppies and kittens will enchant you while they clumsily tumble, chase balls and groom themselves while walking. Pooped out from playing, they stagger like sailors and get piled up in a bunch before falling asleep.
    Barf.
    Kal Rubinson
    _______________________________
    "Music in the Round"
    Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
    http://forum.stereophile.com/category/music-round

    Comment

    • Chris D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Dec 2000
      • 16875

      #3
      Uh.... :wtf:
      CHRIS

      Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

      Comment

      • littlesaint
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2007
        • 824

        #4
        Sarcasm? Better than Baraka?

        Filmed in 70mm, scanned at 8K, DTS MA audio.

        Santino

        The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

        Comment

        • Chris D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Dec 2000
          • 16875

          #5
          Huh... yeah, I got Baraka as a promo DVD when I bought my first DVD player, something like 9-10 years ago. I still have it. Have heard that Baraka was back as a BD, but haven't seen it in stores or watched it. Maybe I'll give it a Netflix and see if it's worthwhile to upgrade.
          CHRIS

          Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

          Comment

          • impala454
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2007
            • 3815

            #6
            Yes complete sarcasm. Though probably a very high WAF lol.
            -Chuck

            Comment

            • Burke Strickland
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Sep 2001
              • 3159

              #7
              Should give the woofers quite a work out. :>)

              What you DON'T say may be held against you...

              Comment

              • Ovation
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2004
                • 2204

                #8
                Groan. :lol:

                Comment

                • George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001
                  • 7636

                  #9
                  Geez, Chuck, I'm not sure I can handle 187 minutes of cute little critters, but it probably will be one heckuva reference disc.
                  My Homepage!

                  Comment

                  • impala454
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2007
                    • 3815

                    #10
                    Probably lots of pure white backgrounds and stuff... actually might not be bad PQ wise....


                    lol
                    -Chuck

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    • Burke Strickland
                      Gone with the Wind (BluRay)
                      by Burke Strickland
                      Celebrating its 70th anniversary, the studio that currently owns Gone with the Wind has released it on BluRay in a multiple-disc special collector's edition that includes a ton of extras (well, at least a couple of pounds of extras, some printed, others on the addtional discs) in the oversized box,...
                      21 November 2009, 19:43 Saturday
                    • Lex
                      Today we mourn the loss of BB King, the King of the Blues
                      by Lex
                      It's a sad day in Bluesville. The King is gone. BB King passed away at his home in Las Vegas Nevada. Though he had been in hospice care. I guess he decided he wanted to go home one last time. If the news reported accurately. I hope that Lucille was close at hand.

                      This is a really...
                      15 May 2015, 07:20 Friday
                    • Johnloudb
                      Bluray Audio Format Confusion
                      by Johnloudb
                      Okay, all these different audio formats have always confused me. On the back of this Jeff Beck Bluray disc "Live at Ronnie Scotts" it lists the audio format as LPCM stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS HD Master Audio.

                      LPCM (Lossless Pulse Code Modulation) Stereo, is...
                      17 April 2009, 18:33 Friday
                    • Joe Fagan
                      1570 won't play BluRay disc properly. Help
                      by Joe Fagan
                      Tried to play my first BluRay disc tonight and am having problems. The BluRay disc is the current Star Trek movie. The Oppo BD BluRay displays True DD. The 1570 displays Dolby HD Dmix 48k with subscript showing only the FL FR and SW playing. When I turn 1570 off and then on again that first display...
                      22 December 2009, 20:09 Tuesday
                    • Burke Strickland
                      Hooray for the BluRay of "Fiddler on the Roof"
                      by Burke Strickland
                      When I went to see this movie when it was first released in the commercial theater, I had the misfortune of sitting behind a little snot who "sang along" through the entire movie despite numerous requests to be quiet from people around them. I knew the movie had a great soundtrack, but it...
                      10 April 2011, 19:36 Sunday
                    • Loading...
                    • No more items.
                    Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

                      Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

                      Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"