... happen for me. A lot of poor acting, even from Mark Wahlberg, who I usually like. A stupid plot and poor pacing. It's been out for awhile and I had been passing it up but finally rented it on Blu-ray. Terrible PQ. Lacked contrast in many scenes and color palette was rather odd. I think Mr. Shyamalan is trying too hard to repeat earlier successes and failing miserably as a result. Recommended only for hardcore Shyamalan fans, and even they will likely be disappointed.
The Happening didn't...
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Tags: None
- Bottom
-
I'm a fan of M. Night's work--I've defended some of his films that were not widely acclaimed as I think he has a particular approach to filmmaking that is not necessarily mainstream (despite the mainstream success of his first feature) and is often misunderstood by mainstream film critics. However, I cannot defend this one. I rented it recently on BD as well and while I didn't have any issues with the PQ the story was a huge disappointment. The premise was interesting but its execution was flawed, seriously flawed. Altogether a poor effort and not worth even a rental.- Bottom
Comment
-
I rented this one too. I'm not familiar with M. Night Shyamalan's work but in my opinion a far better story could have been created concerning the main idea. Maybe I was expecting too much. I'd like to know what Steven Spielberg might have done given this idea as a project.
I'd give it :2:- Bottom
Comment
-
Wheew, glad to hear I wasn't the only one disappointed in this film. After I did my little review, I wondered if maybe I was being a little unfair in my appraisal and was expecting to see that others saw it differently than I. Although I liked Shyamalan's early efforts for their originality, I hope that this latest dud will cause him to take note and perhaps come up with a winner for his next effort.- Bottom
Comment
-
It's hard to believe that the guy who made Unbreakable and Signs made this. It had its moments that were genuinely creepy, but the movie leaves you a bit deflated in the end. Well I shouldn't have expected too much, especially after Lady in the Water! :rofl:- Bottom
Comment
Related Topics
Collapse
-
by ChuckelsSubjective information is one person's opinion. Objective information reviews many points of view. It is intended to be unbiased.
This will probably piss some people off "oh well" BUT the people its intended for will not have a problem and will agree with the last comment and that's...12 December 2014, 10:22 Friday -
by JonMarshPress Release:
Arvo Parrot Speaker System,
from Lipira Suction Labs
It is with great pleasure that we are able to announce the development of the first speaker system by Lipira Suction Labs, the “Arvo Parrot”. Founded as a new development division...-
Channel: Audio Hideout
-
-
Have you X-Boxed today?? :P :P
Rented Sega GT 2002..
Enjoying this one as you start out with
a poor little Honda car that costs $5,000.
You start the game with 13,000. The next
inexpensive car cost about $18,000
So the only way to upgrade your car... -
by Nick MRented It.
I like musicals, and I like opera. I didn't like this film. Everything but the stage in the Opera House was corny. Pipe Organs and 80's metal/funk? People would be speaking (with poor acting might I add) and then midsentence go into song for a few lines, then back to speaking....-
Channel: DVD Director
-
-
by Nick MRented It.
Well folks, this is officially the worst movie I've seen so far this year.
Monday night movie acting quality, poor story, occassional rip-off Matrix/Kill Bill effects, overall poor cinematography.
If you liked Alien Vs Predator you will most definetly...-
Channel: DVD Director
-
- Loading...
- No more items.

Comment