X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Watched it last night. Great movie all around. First movie in a while that actually had me laughing out loud in some scenes. Add that with what's a great action movie and you have my vote. Wife fell asleep (not due to the movie, we started it late... and I'm not sure how as it was near reference levels), so I will be watching it again tonight..

Bass was a little heavy in some scenes that took away from the feeling of being there. Iron Man's walking was louder then any transformer, even louder then some mountains blowing up.

Video quality was excellent.

I did download the BD-Live content after the movie and it only took about 5 minutes. The trivia game it adds was actually really fun. Some were memory games, some were comic book knowledge, and others were just how much you paid attention. All questions were integrated into different scenes from the movie.

Kevin D.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I'm not a big fan of super hero movies but there have been a few I liked. Iron Man I loved. It is absolutely fantastic. The acting, the video, the audio... everything was cooking to perfection. :T
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Gremal
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by audioqueso
        Whaaaaattt!???? Then what's with this bogus Paramount advisory saying that the BD can't be shipped because of glitches??? I'm still patiently waiting so it can be my first blu-ray movie. :B Is it a great BD disk? I really loved the movie, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it either way.
        Just goes to show, you shouldn't believe every silly rumor you read online.

Yes, it is a great BD as I said a few weeks ago when I watched my screener--actually a 2-BD set. Enjoy! And be careful about spreading false rumors.
        Integrated 7.1 HT and Two-Channel System
        Pioneer KRP-600M | VAC Phi Beta 110i | to be determined front end
        B&W 802D | B&W HTM1D | B&W ASW-825 | B&W N805 | B&W SCM1
        VPI Scout | Oppo BDP-95 | Tivo Series 3 | Integra DTC-9.8
        Audio Refinement Multi-5 | PS Audio Premier | Goertz and Electra Glide cables

Comment

• littlesaint
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Gremal
          Just goes to show, you shouldn't believe every silly rumor you read online.

Yes, it is a great BD as I said a few weeks ago when I watched my screener--actually a 2-BD set. Enjoy! And be careful about spreading false rumors.
          Why are you still insisting this was a false rumor? To their credit, Paramount was able to recall the discs and still meet the release date. Paramount confirmed this. Are they spreading their own false rumor?
          Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Yeah they had a big recall on all discs and immediately sent out all new ones trying to rush for the release date.

Comment

• audioqueso
              Super Senior Member
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Gremal
              And be careful about spreading false rumors.
              What rumors? I didn't hear this from anyone. The vendor handed me the letter that was in the box of all the movies shipped. They were still unpacking when I walked into the store. Hopefully they will have the BD this Tuesday (they receive shipment every Tuesday).
              B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• audioqueso
                Super Senior Member
                • Nov 2004

Yes, I finally purchased my BD copy of Ironman. Watched it last night. It was great!!
                The picture was so clean, but my biggest impression was not the video. It was the audio. Even with a two channel setup, I was really surprised how much detail you could hear in the movie. The opening scene when the gun fire begins sounded so close to the real thing. It was so easy to localize where a bullet hit the car, when the missle landed next to Tony Stark, the metal crushing as the missle went off. The audio was so impressive!

The movie... I love that movie. That's about all I have to say about it.
                Very good movie as my first BD! :B
                B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Still waiting from Amazon. (twiddling my thumbs)
                  CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                  - Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2003

Watched the SD-DVD the other night. Great movie :T and even the SD pic was quite good but while the SQ was good (clear, lot's of bass, good effects etc), I did notice it the levels seemed down, had to turn it up a fair bit past my normal setting.
                    Jason

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"