X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Walk Hard...well...

...this kind of comedy may not be for everyone. But for people like me who lived the music and its stars of the 50s, 60s and 70s, it is a must see. Even though it is a comedic send up of biopics like Walk The Line, Ray, etc., it really nails the look and feel of the times it covers. But it is an outright send up and never lets you forget it. John C. Reilly as Johnny Cash ? Ray Charles ? Roy Orbison, or whoever, had me laughing my ass off. Those of you in your 30s may not like it, but I really think anyone in their 40s, 50s, 60s or even 70s like me, will really get a charge out of it. The comedy is not your everyday brand. It sort of falls into the Monty Python variety. And everything else aside, though the lyrics were a hoot, the original music for this film was pretty darn good.

:T for some.

PS: I've added this cautionary PS. The Blu-ray version ( and I assume the standard dvd is the same ) contains several nude scenes, and several male frontal nude scenes, so it's not appropriate for family viewing.
    Last edited by George Bellefontaine; 15 April 2008, 10:00 Tuesday.
    My Homepage!
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Added to my ziplist.

Comment

• Danbry39
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2002

I didn't know it was out on DVD yet. But, hey, I'll be watching it soon for sure. The previews had me cracking up. As far as age, yes, I told my daughters I'd have to have them listen to some of the artists imitated and give them a bit of a background.

Reilly has pretty much stolen the show in each flick I've seen him in.
      Keith

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Danbry39
        As far as age, yes, I told my daughters I'd have to have them listen to some of the artists imitated
        Just a note of caution, Keith. The film has some full frontal male nudity scenes. Wouldn't want you to be embarrassed if you intend to watch it with your daughters. This is the Blu-ray version and I assume the standard dvd version is the same.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• H.Donald
          • Aug 2004

Hmmm,sounds interesting...count me in.

Comment

• Danbry39
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Sep 2002

Oh, thanks for the heads up, George. Didn't know that. I'll watch it first to see if it meets the daughters' test. I wanted to educate them on icons of music, not necessarily that.
            Keith

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Danbry39
              Oh, thanks for the heads up, George. Didn't know that. I'll watch it first to see if it meets the daughters' test. I wanted to educate them on icons of music, not necessarily that.
              :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
              My Homepage!

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by H.Donald
                Hmmm,sounds interesting...count me in.
                You know you posted that right after the mention of male nudity :lol:
                Jason

Comment

• H.Donald
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by aud19
                  You know you posted that right after the mention of male nudity :lol:
                  :lol: I did,didn't I :lol:...thank you Dr.Freud...

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

:rofl:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"