No DTS with 300!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • june
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2005
    • 907

    #1

    No DTS with 300!!

    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005
    • 1540

    #2
    :x

    They will release a super special edition after everyone buys it.
    B&W

    Comment

    • Pez
      Senior Member
      • May 2004
      • 472

      #3
      I dont know if its just me or the movies I get but I cant remember the last one to have a DTS track. Its almost as if they stopped including it completely.

      Comment

      • cobbpa
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2005
        • 456

        #4
        I wasn't a big 300 fan, so I don't mind, but if Transformers doesn't have DTS I may never buy another movie again.

        Comment

        • audioqueso
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2004
          • 1933

          #5
          The HD DVD version has DTS.
          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

          Comment

          • Ovation
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004
            • 2204

            #6
            DTS has always been a niche feature and I'd expect it to remain so, even in the HD DVD/Blu-Ray world. In fact, I expect it will be less frequently available on SD DVD as time goes by.

            Comment

            • audioqueso
              Super Senior Member
              • Nov 2004
              • 1933

              #7
              I don't really understand DTS on HD DVD or Blu-Ray. I don't have neither new high def format, but isn't HD-Audio suppose to be superior to DTS???
              B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

              Comment

              • Kevin D
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2002
                • 4601

                #8
                DTS has several new HD versions as well on the new formats.

                Kevin D.

                Comment

                • audioqueso
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 1933

                  #9
                  Ah, so DTS has evolved as well. Gotcha.
                  B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

                  Comment

                  • Dave999
                    Member
                    • Mar 2007
                    • 83

                    #10
                    Kevin, I have a Pioneer blu-ray player and have found that the high definition audio is better than either regular Dolby Digital or DTS. The uncompressed PCM tracts are more dynamic than the compressed formats. In addition to the picture which I think is substantially better than DVD upscaled, the sound on some of the lossless sound tracks is phenomenal.

                    Comment

                    • Kevin D
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2002
                      • 4601

                      #11
                      Sorry, wasn't referring to regular DTS. DTS has two new formats available on the new discs:

                      DTS-HD Master Audio, a lossless compression capable of 96/24 7.1 identical to the encoded source. Equivalent of Dolby True-HD

                      DTS-HD Hi-Res, a lossy compression at 96/24 7.1. Equivalent to DD+

                      Kevin D.

                      Comment

                      Related Topics

                      Collapse

                      • fnou2
                        ET special edition and DTS ES
                        by fnou2
                        I recently bought the 2 disc ET special edition. The cover mentions that the sound formats are dd ex and dts es. When I look at the sound option in the menu none really specify the 6th channel.

                        I understand that some discs are badly flagged and by pressing the right button on the face...
                        27 May 2004, 09:27 Thursday
                      • chinets
                        RDV-1050 stopped working in DTS???
                        by chinets
                        Hi Everyone,
                        I am using a RDV 1050 loaner from my dealer here, because my RDV 1060 had a major manufacturer problem in the laser allignment. :evil:
                        The RVD 1050 loaner was working fine for the past several days with DTS and everyhting.
                        Now yesterday ,when I tried out a DVD, because...
                        23 May 2006, 07:46 Tuesday
                      • Locutus2k
                        1098 and DTS 96/24 bug?
                        by Locutus2k
                        Hi!
                        I'm a new proud owner of the Rotel 1098 and i'm very happy with it. The only strange thing i've noticed (a bug, maybe?) is with DTS ES 96/24 decoding. If i set back surround channel off, using the rotel in a simply 5.1 configuration, DTS ES 96/24 soundtracks appears to be decoded as "simply"...
                        10 May 2004, 02:59 Monday
                      • Jeff Aguilar
                        Sent friend to get Rava, he buys Sadhara
                        by Jeff Aguilar
                        I have been helping a friend put together a new system for his home. They had a very limited budget they wanted to spend. They did not want to spend over $300 for a receiver and not over $300 for a sub to be purchased at a later time.
                        I did talk him into going for the Outlaw 1050 at $499. While...
                        19 March 2003, 15:34 Wednesday
                      • JoeTheLion
                        SSP-300 vs Sigma-SSP
                        by JoeTheLion
                        Hi all!

                        I know the title of the thread seems a little absurd, as there are more than 10 years between the two models. But, a used SSP-300 can be bought for under a thousand dollars whereas a Sigma-SSP costs more than four times that.

                        This would be an update for me from...
                        28 March 2017, 17:15 Tuesday
                      • Loading...
                      • No more items.
                      Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

                        Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

                        Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"