X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Locutus2k
    • May 2004

1098 and DTS 96/24 bug?

Hi!
    I'm a new proud owner of the Rotel 1098 and i'm very happy with it. The only strange thing i've noticed (a bug, maybe?) is with DTS ES 96/24 decoding. If i set back surround channel off, using the rotel in a simply 5.1 configuration, DTS ES 96/24 soundtracks appears to be decoded as "simply" DTS. On the screen there's only the DTS logo, nothing else. If i set back the back surround channel, the logo on screen says DTS 96.
    IS this normal? The DVD used is the first Tomb Raider European Edition (coded DTS ES 96/24). With other CD & DVD coded in DTS 96/24 (no ES) everything works fine (except that the screen says only DTS 96 with no "24" mention).
    Thanks for any help and excuse my bad english (i write from Italy).
    All the best,

Locutus2k
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Which firmware version are you running? If you aren't using the latest please flash your unit to the new Eprom and firmware and retest it.

Comment

• Locutus2k
      • May 2004

I'm using 2.1.1 firmware and of course the eprom is flashed with the new version. I' haven't upgraded yet to 2.1.2 mainly because i don't have a 6/7.1 system, but only 5.1

Comment

• Locutus2k
        • May 2004

I've flashed to 2.1.2 but the "bug" is still there.
        Please can anyone help with a simply try? Put a DTS ES 96/24 disc in the player (ex. The first Tomb Raider), set the back surround channel(s) to off and see what is reported on the display.
        It will be of a great help ... thanks

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"