X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

End Of The Spear

I rented this not knowing for sure if I would like it. Now I have no idea who the filmmakers are, nor the actors, but I can say it is one choice piece of independent filmmaking. It is about missionaries working in the Amazon Basin in the mid 50s, trying to bring civilization to a group of warring natives. What impressed me most is that firstly it is based on a true story, and secondly there is no attempt to ram religion down the throat of the viewers. Instead,what I watched was a compelling and emotional drama, showing what happens to real people when two really different worlds collide. If you like drama that packs an emotional wallop, I urge you to rent this dvd.
    My Homepage!
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

George - at all like the older DeNiro movie, "The Mission"?
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I only vaguely recall that one, Chris, but I would say this is on a different level. End Of The Spear's title pretty much says what the movie is about: bringing civilization and peace to a couple of warring savage tribes who lived and died by the spear and are near extinction because of it. BTW, an airplane figures greatly in this film as the missionaries use one to find the elusive warring Amazonian tribes.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

okay, now on my Netflix queue!
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

Hmmm, I saw this in the rental store, but passed it by. I will certainly check it out now, Sir George.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"