X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Silent Hill

Almost midnight. Just finished watching this movie. I know it's based off a game, but I never played it so can't comment on that. I haven't really seen a lot of horror/dark movies, but this was a pretty cool movie! Not really all that scary, but the script was just so dark. Very interesting movie. I really enjoyed it!

SQ was nothing spectacular, but some of the effects did make full use of my 805s soundstage. Nice! :T

PQ on the other hand is a little difficult to say. It's a bit grainy, but it's that purposeful grainy look that they add to all scary movies. Nothing bad in quality though. However, for those that have the HDTVs with not perfect contrast, good luck. There are some scenes that are just black with shades of dark grey. You will definitely know if your TV is up to par. I have a Sony RPTV, so that is never an issue with me. :B

Overall, I'd recommend it.
    :35:
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Just got through watching it ourselves.. Wife fell asleep and I felt disappointed. Can't say it was a bad movie, but definitely not a horror movie. Potential all over the place but never fulfilled.

Kevin D.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I'll probably give it a rent.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• H.T.C
        • Nov 2003

Its more of a psycological thriller with dreams of the past,although the game lets you explore more.
        Robert

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

I've heard varying opinions on this movie. It was a choice for me between Poseidon and Silent Hill, I chose Poseidon. I guess I'll check out Silent Hill next.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Nick M
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Impulse bought it.

Great plot, lacking script/story-board. Excellent scenes throughout however!

The demon tearing the fanatic apart on the church steps had me pulling my jaw off the floor!

Excellent surround sound.

A fun thriller. :3: out of :5:
            ~Nick

Comment

• wkhanna
              Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

Nick, you and I seem to have similar taste, so based on your recommendation, I will give it a spin as a rental if I can find it.
              _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
              ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Nick M
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Nov 2004

Yeah it's worth a rent, but I probably would have passed on the purchase given another chance.

It's a fun action/thriller for those who like a little gore.
                ~Nick

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

I was gonna pick it up, but passed. A friend had an extra disc, so he gave it to me. He said the SQ was pretty good and there are alot of wierd noises and whatnot to give the system a decent work out.

Was gonna watch it last night, but ended up hangin with buddies. Its on the chopping block for tonight. We will see.
                  B&W

Comment

• june
                    • Feb 2005

Silent Hill

Hello All,

The SQ really gave my system a long over due workout. Story was just okay but the sound.........................
                    June
                    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

I just finished watching it, now have a much needed Diana Krall brake after watching that movie.

Sorry, single guy in the dark, i got skuuuurrrrrd. :lol:

Anyways. I enjoyed it, SQ was pretty good IMO. I like how the film was shot, i enjoyed how the sound changed from scene to scene, room to room.

Overall Id deffinatly say its worth a watch. It will re-assure you having the money you all do into the system... and if not, it will leave you wanting more!

Id put it up there with the first Resident Evil, one I really like. I'm thinking I like Silent Hill better though.
                      B&W

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"