X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Ask The Dust ... ahh tragic love

This an indi film starring Colin Farrell and Salma Hayek. Probably got out there because it had Tom Cruise's name attached as a producer. Farrell portrays a penniless, struggling writer during the depression era. He is ignorant in the ways of women and meets Hayek and they have a love/hate relationship that eventually develops into full bloom love, albeit a little too late. This does not have a Hollywood ending. As you can see, it's a love story, but one I found digestable. Robert Towne wrote the screenplay ( based on a novel by John Fante) and also directed the film. All in all, it is a cut above the run of the mill romance type film. Sex scenes are pretty graphic , so it is not for children.

I know Farrell has starred in some questionable films and there are many who feel he is a lousy actor. I disagree there. It all depends on the material. He showed a lot of promise in Tigerland and he shows in this film that he can indeed act. And lovely Salma is no slouch in the acting department, either. Not recommended for everyone, but some may like this different turn on love and tragedy.

:35:
    My Homepage!
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"