X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

House of 9

So we watched House of 9 last night, based on a recommendation I thought came from here. Couldn't find any thread on it so thought I would post my own.

Basic plot, similar to Saw II. Crazy guy puts 9 people inside a house with no escape. Last one left wins. While Saw II has a deranged person actively involved in the action and setting up 'games' for the people to play, House of 9's main character is the human psyche and it's eventual demise. After an explanation of what is required to escape, the crazy guy makes no other appearance.

Had it not been for the ending, the movie would probably be ok. With the ending I really enjoyed it. It's not the best acting, Dennis Hopper's accent is horrible, and it's nothing ground breaking in horror/suspense; but at only 90 minutes long it's worth the risk of a rental.

Music score is a nice mix of genre's and helped set the mode through each level of desperation. The disc defaults to DD 2.0 which is nice as the 5.1 track has all dialog coming from the right channel??

Kevin D.
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Another film I never heard of. I'm really out of the loop.

Based on what you wrote though, I'm going to rent it.
    Keith

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Like I said in the other thread, I'm not a horror fan, but I thought that both Saw and Saw II were really well done. I like intellectual movies, and the plots of both of them were quite interesting, bypassing the horror and gore.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"