• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Escape From New York SE

Snake, Snake, Snake. . . .

On December 16th, MGM is releasing a 2-disc Special Edition of Escape From New York:

Per DVDfile:
    On December 16th, MGM Home entertainment will at last release John Carpenter's cult classic Escape From New York in a new two-disc special edition. Remastered in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, extras include the full 10-minute deleted "Robbery Sequence" restored and with optional commentary with Carpenter and star Kurt Russell, two additional full-length audio commentaries with Carpenter and Russell and producer Debra Hill and production designer Joe Alves, the new "Return to Escape From New York" documentary, the "Making of John Carpenter's Snake Plissken Chronicles" comic featurette, a still gallery, trailers, and an exclusive full-color mini-comic inside the package. Retail is $29.95.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Thanks for the info, David. For those who don't already have this title in their DVD collection, the forthcoming Special Edition (SE) looks like the one to get. But since I already have the reasonably good-looking anamorphic wide screen edition from 1998, I guess I'll pass since I'm not quite as big a fan of this movie as I am for a few others that I will buy twice (well, at least three others, one of which hasn't been released in its extended edition yet and one of which hasn't even been released to commercial theaters). :>) I wonder whether the Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack on the "Escape..." SE will really use the surrounds in a way that the original stereo soundtrack did not? (Someone else will have to answer that one.) :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

We can hope, Burke. I'm enough of a fan of this one that I'll replace the copy I already have. I mean: Kurt Russell, Lee Van Cleef, Adrienne Barbeau, Ernest Borgnine, Donald Pleasence, Isaac Hayes, Harry Dean Stanton, Season Hubley? A decent script and a John Carpenter score - in 5.1? Hehe, come to Papa.

P.S. I'm a big anti-fan of the other "Escape" movie. . . . What a piece of junk.

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"