X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Must Love Dogs

Diane Lane plays a recently divorced woman whose family is doing everything it can to get her in the arms of another man. Her older sister signs her up with a dating thingy on the net. She resists the idea at first but warms to it eventually and she has a series of dates with amusing results. Just when it starts to seems hopeless she connects with John Cusack, who is also recently divorced, and like Lane, somewhat devastated because they were both dropped like hot potatoes by their partners. Then along comes Dermot Mulrooney and things get really complicated.

This film has a lot more going for it than you think. The script is tight and well plotted with natural, and sometimes witty dialogue. Diane Lane makes acting look so easy, as does John Cusack, and there is good chemistry between the two. This is a pleasant way to spend 98 minutes with your wife or girl friend.

PQ is excellent and sound is nothing exceptional, as you'd expect with this kind of movie.

:4:
    My Homepage!
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

4 stars is REAL generous. It's pretty predictable and decent but nothing I'd ever care to watch again. My wife enjoyed it but again not enough to buy it. Lite Fluff.

2 stars out of 5.

Comment

• saurabh
      • Feb 2005

I agree with Shane, its a light movie, can watch it once only.
      Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

I didn't buy it and probably wouldn't rent it again, but that doesn't mean it isn't a 4 star flick in my book. I just happen to like something well written ( even if it is predictable) especially in the dialogue department. When you guys get to be my age you will view these kinds of films differently, believe me.
        My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"