X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

Batman Begins 2 disc Limited Edition

This 2 disc set contains the movie and its extras along with a comic book and a special lenticular cover.

The movie is w/o a doubt the best Batman movie to date and makes you forget the others exist. It is likely IMHO the best Superhero movie to date as well. So much depth, so much story and still maintains its action movie feel. It may actually be the best movie of the year as well. I'm still deciding.

Christopher Nolan has done it!

The movie is presented in 2.35 anamorophic and appears to be spectacular what little I have seen so far. It's a real test for those that have DLP, LCD and basically any digital technology as this movie has some of the deepest darkest blacks(not greys ) I've seen. The movie is DARK and most of the time so shadow detail and black level is very important.

The Audio is DD 5.1 and spectacular as well.

I could go on and on but it's magnificent.
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

I purchased the Widescreen version, and certainly concur with Shane's findings. SQ and PQ are excellent as well as the story line, by far the best Batman I've seen. Definitely worth adding to your collection.

4 1/2 out of 5 stars.

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Sithlord
      • Aug 2004

One word to Describe this dvd....Amazing. PQ /SQ are just fantastic. A true demo disc. I cant believe they can better this dvd but from the reviews Starwars Revenge of the Sith is even better :E Just listen to the Tumbler racing throught the streets of Gothem that is one awesome sounding car :T

Comment

• Shane Martin
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2001

Comparing Batman Begins which was shot on film to something shot digitially isn't really a fair comparison.

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I picked up the 2-disc edition also. Watched about 5 minutes of it last night and it does look extremely good (for what I saw). I agree also about this being the best of all the Batman productions.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Well when you get Shane ( you rarely gushes over a film) and Tex Meek on the same wavelength, then it looks like this one is a winner and is headed for my collection. :T
            My Homepage!

Comment

• Azeke
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2003

It is definitely a winner George, perhaps even one you may wish to use to show off your HT.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Sithlord
                • Aug 2004

Shane I guess I should have elaborated a bit more regarding Starwars being a better dvd coming from dvd reviewers. Clearly comparing the 2 movies visually isn't fair as you stated I agree, but the sound was the focus of me mentioning it in the first place. From what I've read on the net Starwars ROTS it is the best sounding dvd to date. A reviewer had just watched both and reviewed both the same day and he said he would have awarded Batman Begins dvd of the year if he hadn't watched Starwars ROTS. For your plesure here is the web site that I normally visit to read the latest dvd reviews:

Personally after listening to Batman Begins it's amazes me that it can be bettered at all but I guess time will tell.

Comment

• Foxman
                  • Jan 2003

I saw 2 movie's in theater's and they were ROTS and Batman. I bought the 2 disker, but wont have a chance to watch it for a week or better, I am just glad to hear the transfer is as good as it is since it is such a excellent work. :T
                  IMO

My Movies
                  Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• ht_addict
                    • Dec 2002

Just watched the movie yesterday, putting my new Denon 4806 through its paces. Excellent movie. Much better than the other Batman movies.

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                      • Sep 2001

So is the 2nd disc worth an few extra bucks or is the movie disc the only real reason to get this one?

Burke

There are 10 kinds of people in the world --
                      those who "get" binary and those who don't...

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Shane Martin
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Apr 2001

Yes and the case is pretty damn neat

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                          • Jan 2002

They got it right... naming this movie Batman Begins is right on... because this is no doubt the movie where Batman really "begins". Great storyline, excellent all around in every aspect. Totally awesome movie that I'm sure I'll watch over and over.

Great setup at the end for a sequel... Wonder who will play the part of the Joker?

Comment

• Bing Fung
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Aug 2000

I watched this last night and found it very engrossing. Picture was excellent as was sound. I noticed the sound track sounded "hotter" as I typically set my system to 60-62 on the volume. With Batman, I set it to 57.

If anything, this Batman exorcises the Campyness of the other Batmans, and seems to look at a more serious side of it.

I loved the newspaper headline of Bruce's Party :lol:

I also liked how the door was left open for more to come.
                            Bing

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Jan 2001

Sorry Mr. Keaton, but Mr. Bale has really nailed Batman. This one is without a doubt, the best and hopefully a start of more to come. When you see Bale with his shirt and a jacket on, you don't realize how muscular he really is. He didn't really need the Batman suit with the phony pecs. Great PQ and sound. The low end had my pantleg flapping.
                              My Homepage!

Comment

• audioqueso
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Sonnie Parker
                                Great setup at the end for a sequel... Wonder who will play the part of the Joker?
                                I just saw this movie last night. That really was an awesome movie! I agree with everyone that the PQ and SQ were just gorgious. As for your question Sonnie, to me it seemed that they ended the movie right where Michael Keaton's Batman begins. Do you think that wasn't the plan that way, and instead plan on pretty much remaking the first Batman?
                                B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Shane Martin
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Apr 2001

Queso,
                                  Technically this was a "Prequel". Now they are planning to remake the others but not in the way we think.

Comment

• audioqueso
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Nov 2004

Yes, I understand it's a prequel, but so was Star Wars Episode 1-3, you know. Well, he was a pretty cool Batman even though he deliberately forced his voice to sound gravelly.

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                                      • Sep 2001

Well, he was a pretty cool Batman even though he deliberately forced his voice to sound gravelly.
                                      Acting! What a concept! :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• audioqueso
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Nov 2004

Drums please! lol jk

Yes, of course it's acting, but it seems force. So bad acting in that case. You know how some actors can pull a southern accent, and some just sound stupid trying. Like that.
                                        Last edited by audioqueso; 15 November 2005, 13:07 Tuesday.

Comment

• Shane Martin
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Apr 2001

Yes, of course it's acting, but it seems force. So bad acting in that case
                                          Most if not all would not agree with you that Bale was/is a poor actor especially here.

Comment

Working...
                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                          Search Result for "|||"