X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

Batman Begins

I don't know if anything on this movie has been posted before, but here is the latest trailer. I'm guessing it's headed for a summer 2005 release. Christian Bale is Batman.

• Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

Still mixed feeilngs regarding this movie. The past sequels SUCKED for the most part. I have some hopes that this will be quite good.

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

The complete lack of continuity with the character of Batman (and truly horrendous 2nd and 4th scripts) just ruined this series for me. I really do like all of the actors used for the role, but dammit stick with one (okay, two) please!

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• TTA89
        • Oct 2004

I don't know how they can keep remaking Batman movies. They ALL sucked and this one doesn't look any better.
        -Mike

My Home Theater Gear

Comment

• Gordon Moore
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Feb 2002

The first Batman is by far the best (so I disagree with the "they ALL sucked" comment)....Michael Keaton IS batman.

That said....so far they have:
          1. The Right director (Christopher Nolan...Memento),
          2. The Right cast...
          Christian Bale....see the machinist, He's the best thing about American Psycho...he's got chops!
          Michael Caine
          Morgan Freeman
          Gary Oldman
          Katie Holmes
          :E

Written by David Goyer (DarkCity, Blade,Blade II, BladeIII (that may or may not be a good thing ))
          and Bob Kane (creator of Batman)

I mean come-on...you have to admit...it's got promise.
          Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• Shane Martin
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2001

It does have promise...

Comment

• Leef DaLucky
              • May 2003

I agree. The mix that this movie has includes all the necessary ingrediants to bake a winner.
              Has anyone noticed how intense Christian Bale, as an actor, is?
              I liked american psycho, but has anyone seen "Equilibrium"?
              There's a Batman in training right there.
              Should be good stuff.
              Gordon, i won't say Keaton was the quintessential Batman until i can see this.
              I've got a good feeling about Bale as the Dark Knight.

cheers,
              Mikey
              "...Because Good is Dumb...!"
              -Dark Helmet

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

Nothing against Bale, but I really don't think we need another Batman movie.
                My Homepage!

Comment

• Foxman
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
                  Nothing against Bale, but I really don't think we need another Batman movie.
                  McDonlads disagrees with you as does all of the marketing folks for the movie.

I mean really what else is McDonalds supposed to offer the kids to get them to nag the crap out of their parents for that Kids Value meal???

Think of the big picture here. :T
                  IMO

My Movies
                  Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2001

Oh, yeah, forgot all about MacDonalds... :lol:
                    My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

I am looking forward to this one. Hoping it will bring a new life into the Bat! I like the direction that it's going in by the trailer. I guess time will tell on this film.

I also think Keaton did a solid job as the Dark Knight. Too bad he did not stick with it. I think the series would have been better.
                      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2001

I agree , John.
                        My Homepage!

Comment

• spiffnme
                          • Apr 2003

Looks like it could be good. They're certainly trying to start this franchise up again...with a fresh new start. If this movie is good, we're in for another 3+ movies.

Fingers crossed it's good.

Comment

• Azeke
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Mar 2003

I enjoyed the first one, but the sequels began a rapid spiral decline, and I genuinely lost interest. Hopefully things will be better this time.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• maximumshow
                              • Nov 2004

This movie is not a sequel. It is entirely new and is NOT based off of the other movies.

Not only does it have the amazing Christian Bale in it, but it's also directed by Chris Nolan, director of Memento.

This movie is going to be awesome! Batman is one of the only interesting superheros out there.

Comment

• Brandon B
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Jun 2001

I feel like this will be a solid effort compared to the others. Although I did like Keaton as Batman (but not at all as Bruce Wayne).

BB

Comment

• Nick M
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • Nov 2004

Not sure if I can think of a worse movie character than Mr. Freeze. I think all of the batman films suffered from poor stories and scripting. Its not like its overly difficult. DC comics have how many issues? I'd love to see a batman story that is styled like the Spawn comics (but not the spawn film which sucked). Keaton as batman, Nicholson as Joker, DeVito as Penguin, these were all phenomenal casting jobs. Robin was also cast well.

They had all the right elements in the first film except the story, the most important part.

While Bale is a great actor (American Psycho was phenomenal), I think this will be like watching the Actress switch of Clarice in the Hannibal Lector series, poor. By the way, I hated Blade (and never bothered with II or III).
                                  ~Nick

Comment

• Gordon Moore
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Feb 2002

I think this will be like watching the Actress switch of Clarice in the Hannibal Lector series, poor
                                    I sort of agree, except that in my mind, I'm prep'ed since we've never had continuity with the sheer number of actors playing Batman.

Like Maximumshow said...this one is entirely new...it somewhat pretends the others weren't done. If you can wrap your head around that then it will work. I'll concede that it's a little naive to believe that it's fully possible to do that. Even with Bond, (the exception being Lazenbury (sp) ), we were able to ride it out with one actor for several movies.

Batman is like being on the jury and hearing damning testimony and then being instructed to ignore it...next to impossible since the damage is done.

I agree that Joker, Penguin, Robin and catwoman all worked for me...

Mr. Freeze sucked
                                    Poison Ivy sucked
                                    The Riddler sucked...Jim Carrey does Jim Carrey in almost everything he does...I prefer him in dramas believe or not (the exception is Dumb and dumber) where he's reigned in.

This movie is going to be awesome! Batman is one of the only interesting superheros out there.
                                    Correction, Batman is the only interesting DC superhero out there oke: :lol:
                                    Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• Nick M
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • Nov 2004

I think what turned me off from Batman was Burton. He has a certain twist about him (best exemplified in "A Nightmare Before Christmas") that rubs me wrong. That and a fetish with long black and white pinstriped objects. He almost has a dark 'seuss-ian appearence he lays on everything with an undertone of everything that is wrong with the 80's. This worked tremendously well for Beetlejuice, but for me, it all but ruined Batman.

I also must note that I loved "Big Fish". One of the recent greats to hit the screen. He just completely fails in my eyes to make things serious and dark at the same time, such as Sleepy Hollow (A monumental failure in my book).

Hes directing a remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory due to be released in the summer of '05. Another example that ideas are running short. Depp is supposed to play Wonka.
                                      ~Nick

Comment

• David Meek
                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Aug 2000

Mr. Freeze? Poison Ivy? Regarding those two, "sucked" is being generous Gordon.

Nicholas, I'm not a WWATCF fan to begin with, and this remake just smacks of "wrong". :nonod:

Oh well, maybe Bale will overcome all the obstacles and make Batman Begins a memorable movie. Maybe. I hope.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
                                        Searching...Please wait.
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                        Search Result for "|||"