X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

X-files sequal in the works

I was a HUGH X-Phile while the series was on TV so this is great news to me...

X-Files movie sequel in the works
    LOS ANGELES (AP) -- David Duchovny expects that Mulder and Scully will ride again one day.

Duchovny says a second big-screen instalment of The X-Files remains in the works. Though he doesn't know the plot, Duchovny said X-Files creator Chris Carter has signed off on the story premise.

"I'm dying to hear it," said the 43-year-old actor.

His latest movie is Connie and Carla, starring Winnipeg's Nia Vardalos, who wrote and starred in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and Toni Collette. It opens April 16.

"So now it's just a matter of making sure everybody can get together at the same time and do it."

Duchovny starred as alien-hunting FBI agent Mulder for seven full seasons of The X-Files, worked part-time for an eighth season and returned for the series finale at the end of season nine.

He and co-star Gillian Anderson, who played Mulder's skeptical partner, Scully, also starred in the 1998 movie version of The X-Files.

"I'm at the point where I finally miss it," Duchovny said.

"I wanted the grind to end but I never wanted the show just to end. And I'd always had this fantasy and hope that it would be a movie franchise. Hopefully, this second movie will give it a foundation as such

• Glen
    • Dec 2003

The night the first episode aired we just happened to have the T.V. on in the background while we had some friends over. After the first few minutes, everyone was glued to the T.V. ( no one knew anything about it before that night ). We were hooked from that point on. In the later seasons things got a little too weird and they switched the nights around way too much, but I still love it.

Hope they get a good script together and bring everyone back ( esp. the lone gun men ).

:T

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

I was a fan of the show as well, so I'd like to see a continuation of it. (Even though Duchovny dumped on Vancouver because of it's lush climate :x )

Jason

P.S. Scully's hot :P

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
      Jason

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Hope they get a good script together and bring everyone back ( esp. the lone gun men ).
        Hmm that might be hard given the ending of the Lone gun men TV series

Comment

• Glen
          • Dec 2003

Hmmmmmm, ops: I guess I lost track of them near the end of the series. I blame it on them moving it around too much. I don't think I caught much of the last season or 2. Did they get killed off? Never saw the spin off.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Yes they trapped themselves in a room as they'd contracted a deadly virus or something like that.

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Yep, the Lone Gunmen are no more. Sigh. :cry:

I do hope they get the second movie going. Like Andrew I was a BIG fan and even enjoyed the later years - admittedly not as much as the earlier ones, though. I also enjoyed the first movie. It was a very creditable, worthwhile film and I hope they build on it, both technically and story-wise.

Yessir, Scully is a cutie. Jen thinks Mitch Pileggi (FBI Assistant Director Skinner) is hot.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"