X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

"Monuments Men" Review

It's one thing to rent a video for 5 bucks and discover it's a clunker, it's another to shell out 12 bucks, be stuck at a theater only to find out this same sad fate.....for more money!. 8O

I realized there was a problem with this film about 30mins in. It's about a group of commissioned solders who's role is to save fine art from being stolen and destroyed by the Nazi's. To get straight to the point, this film fails on all fronts........directing (Clooney)........story line (writing)....... and Character development........This film goes nowhere very slowly. A pile of big name actors plodding along...... and even Cate Blanchette....... with nowhere to go!. Sad!.

I watched it with a friend and the best analogy he could come up with was......."It was like BAD sex". It was sex.....which says something I guess......but........it was bad sex!. It was forgettable.. :roll:

There was so much that could have been done better in this film that it's actually mind boggling!. It had a nice, touching musical score with no substance to back it up!. This could and should have been filmed in black and white with a "Inglorious bastards" kinda' take to it. That's the only advice I can give as to how this could have been saved and done better........with a better director and writer as well.

5/10 stars for this poor effort and an overall waste of my time ! :roll: If you find a copy of this film on dvd blowing down the street on a rainy day and pick it up.....and are bored to death for something to watch, give this a spin. But do so at your own risk!!. :M
    Dan Madden :T
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Oh, Oh, a Dan Madden thumbsy downy, thumbsy downy ! I haven't seen it but now I doubt if I'll even rent it when it comes to disc.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
      Oh, Oh, a Dan Madden thumbsy downy, thumbsy downy ! I haven't seen it but now I doubt if I'll even rent it when it comes to disc.
      George, it's a 'monumentally' bad film!. Even the big screen couldn't save it. There wasn't even a gratuitous sex scene with Cate!!??. Maybe if there was.......AND.....if it was in 3D......there might have been something to chew on there!.
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

You saved me the price of a rental. Thanks, Dan.
        My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"