This is a sad day. Gregory Peck dead at 87.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

This is a sad day. Gregory Peck dead at 87.

I loved him, always with a gentle strength and dignity. At least he apparently died peacefully. His wife said he wasn't even sick, but that age took its course and he just passed on while asleep.

Gregory Peck, the lanky, handsome movie star whose long career included such classics as "Roman Holiday," "Spellbound" and his Academy Award-winner, "To Kill a Mockingbird," has died, a spokesman said Thursday. He was 87.

Peck died overnight, Monroe Friedman told The Associated Press.

Peck's craggy good looks, lanky grace and measured speech contributed to his screen image as the decent, courageous man of action. From his film debut in 1944 with "Days of Glory," he was never less than a star. He was nominated for the Oscar five times, and his range of roles was astonishing.

Keith
    Keith
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Awwww man. Some my favorite films starred this talented, handsome and sincere man.
    1. 12 O'Clock High
      MacArthur
      Mackenna's Gold
      Marooned
      Pork Chop Hill
      The Boys From Brazil
      The Guns Of Navarone
      The Omen
      To Kill A Mockingbird

My all-time favorite movie of his is probably
    1. The Stalking Moon
    We'll miss you Mr. Peck. Thanks for the library of work you left for us to enjoy.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

There's some other posts on this subject over at OFF TOPIC.

I concur, though. He was one of my all time favorite actors because mostly he portrayed inner strength moreso than physical strength. One role I did not like him in was BOYS FROM BRAZIL. I could never see Greg Peck as a bad guy.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"