New Muppet Movie!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003
    • 16706

    #1

    New Muppet Movie!!!!!



    We'll be sure to watch this once it's done it's theatre run!:T

    I will always love me a Muppet movie!
    Jason
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002
    • 4601

    #2
    Even the last one???

    Kevin D.

    Comment

    • Chris D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Dec 2000
      • 16875

      #3
      I thought the last one was okay, but I agree--I love me some Muppets. Give me Beeker, Pepe the Prawn, the Manah Manah song, and I'll be happy. I wish they'd bring the Muppet show back to TV.

      BTW, the Muppet Show song is my iPhone ringtone. Makes people around me laugh every time they hear it.
      CHRIS

      Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

      Comment

      • aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003
        • 16706

        #4
        Originally posted by Kevin D
        Even the last one???

        Kevin D.
        Last one was decent. Not great but decent. I'd say Christmas Carol is certainly the high water mark.

        Chris I may steal your ringtone idea! :lol:
        Jason

        Comment

        • Chris D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Dec 2000
          • 16875

          #5
          My daughter and I also play the "My Muppets" app on our phones.

          Jason, when my phone starts ringing (which honestly is not often, as I usually leave it in silent mode) people start looking around as the song starts, with the baritone sax going "bump, bump, bump, buh da dah" but then break out laughing/smiling as soon as the characters come in with "It's time to start the music..."
          CHRIS

          Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

          Comment

          • George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001
            • 7636

            #6
            I use to love the Muppets, especially the early stuff ( Me want cookie ). Is it still as good without Jim Henson ?
            My Homepage!

            Comment

            • impala454
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2007
              • 3815

              #7
              I've seen a couple of Cookie Monster shorts lately, and it sounds like they've PC'd him and he likes fruits & vegetables now. Ugh. Here's how I remember Cookie Monster:

              -Chuck

              Comment

              • madmac
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Aug 2010
                • 3122

                #8
                Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
                I use to love the Muppets, especially the early stuff ( Me want cookie ). Is it still as good without Jim Henson ?
                No, it is not as good without Henson. I find their stuff now a little more sinister and gritty now. I still love the old sinister farts in the peanut gallery though!.
                Dan Madden :T

                Comment

                • Chris D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Dec 2000
                  • 16875

                  #9
                  I would say it's different now, although still good. I think the Muppet generations have been silly in their own ways, without being totally different Muppets. It's not like the original Muppets were all pure or anything. You should see the Alice Cooper episode of the original show that I have on DVD.

                  One of my favorite characters now is Pepe the Prawn, who didn't come about until 1996. It's tough to beat the venerable Beaker, though.

                  The Muppets still make me laugh after all these years and bring out my inner child. If the day ever comes where that stops, I'll move on.
                  CHRIS

                  Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                  - Pleasantville

                  Comment

                  Related Topics

                  Collapse

                  • David Meek
                    DVDs Coming Out This Tuesday - November 16th
                    by David Meek
                    Here's a list of most of the DVD's being released on Tuesday, November 16th. Be aware that some of these could be re-releases of earlier titles.

                    Adventures Of Jimmy Neutron, The: Attack Of The Twonkies
                    Alexander The Great: Footsteps In The Sand - A Documentary
                    Alicia Keys:
                    ...
                    09 November 2004, 13:47 Tuesday
                  • Chris D
                    iPhone App Thread
                    by Chris D
                    So recently, my Windows Mobile smartphone died, and I decided to go over to the dark side and finally get an iPhone. Since then, I've been downloading a TON of apps that look cool, and wasting a whole lot of time trying them out, especially the games. There's so many out there, and a lot of them are...
                    11 December 2009, 05:35 Friday
                  • sparkwalker
                    Mini Zepplin not working as iPhone dock to iTunes
                    by sparkwalker
                    Hi All
                    I am looking for some help...
                    I bought a mini Zepplin last week, but I can't seem to get it to work as an iPhone dock to sync with iTunes. When my iPhone 3gs is docked on the mini Zepplin which is connected to my Windows 7 64bit computer via USB the computer doesn't see the iPhone....
                    30 January 2011, 05:21 Sunday
                  • Johnloudb
                    iPhone 6 troubles
                    by Johnloudb
                    I recently got an iPhone 6. And I loved to listen to Pandora on my old iPhone 4s but this one is really fatiguing after awhile. I first noticed it on my car stereo with it's digital connection hooked up to my kenwood receiver. With the 4s I was in heaven and pandora sounded so good with good recordings....
                    15 June 2015, 20:27 Monday
                  • P-Dub
                    iPhone 7
                    by P-Dub
                    So the Apple press conference is going on now.

                    iPhone7 and Amazon just posted up some cases about an hour before the start of the press conference.

                    So dual lens camera and no 3.5 mm headphone jack. Faster processor and probably a IP67 rating. Those are the rumours to be confirmed...
                    07 September 2016, 12:10 Wednesday
                  • Loading...
                  • No more items.
                  Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

                    Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

                    Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"