Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Even the last one???

Kevin D.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

I thought the last one was okay, but I agree--I love me some Muppets. Give me Beeker, Pepe the Prawn, the Manah Manah song, and I'll be happy. I wish they'd bring the Muppet show back to TV.

BTW, the Muppet Show song is my iPhone ringtone. Makes people around me laugh every time they hear it.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Kevin D
        Even the last one???

Kevin D.
        Last one was decent. Not great but decent. I'd say Christmas Carol is certainly the high water mark.

Chris I may steal your ringtone idea! :lol:
        Jason

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

My daughter and I also play the "My Muppets" app on our phones.

Jason, when my phone starts ringing (which honestly is not often, as I usually leave it in silent mode) people start looking around as the song starts, with the baritone sax going "bump, bump, bump, buh da dah" but then break out laughing/smiling as soon as the characters come in with "It's time to start the music..."
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

I use to love the Muppets, especially the early stuff ( Me want cookie ). Is it still as good without Jim Henson ?
            My Homepage!

Comment

• impala454
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2007

I've seen a couple of Cookie Monster shorts lately, and it sounds like they've PC'd him and he likes fruits & vegetables now. Ugh. Here's how I remember Cookie Monster:

-Chuck

Comment

• madmac
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
                I use to love the Muppets, especially the early stuff ( Me want cookie ). Is it still as good without Jim Henson ?
                No, it is not as good without Henson. I find their stuff now a little more sinister and gritty now. I still love the old sinister farts in the peanut gallery though!.
                Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

I would say it's different now, although still good. I think the Muppet generations have been silly in their own ways, without being totally different Muppets. It's not like the original Muppets were all pure or anything. You should see the Alice Cooper episode of the original show that I have on DVD.

One of my favorite characters now is Pepe the Prawn, who didn't come about until 1996. It's tough to beat the venerable Beaker, though.

The Muppets still make me laugh after all these years and bring out my inner child. If the day ever comes where that stops, I'll move on.
                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"