X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnloudb
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2007

iPhone 6 troubles

I recently got an iPhone 6. And I loved to listen to Pandora on my old iPhone 4s but this one is really fatiguing after awhile. I first noticed it on my car stereo with it's digital connection hooked up to my kenwood receiver. With the 4s I was in heaven and pandora sounded so good with good recordings. In fact, I'm listening to the 4s and psndora right now on my high end stereo. I mean it doesn't have that last level in resolution, but it is no way offensive and I thoroughly enjoy it. MP3 on my 4s is not near as good.

With my iPhone 6, I had to turn the treble down on my car stereo a couple notches just do I could tolerate it. It sound okay that way, but it's not the same and I don't want the treble turned down.

Anyone else have problems with the iPhone 6 or had a good experience with the iPhone 6 playing music? Steaming or otherwise?

I may go to the Apple and complain if there is a problem with this phone.
    John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

No, no problems with my 6. I haven't done critical listening with it, though. Just hooked into my car for some driving tunes or such.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• P-Dub
      Office Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Sorry, I'm no help here. I've got limited listening time on the 6 that I had for about a couple of months. Any listening was from spoken interview type podcasts. Maybe a couple of dance tracks, but nothing critical. In some small way, it is nice to know that the 4s has some good points.

Just curious, are you connecting via bluetooth or via a cable to your car or home system? Or is it via the new lightning connector to your systems.

Is there a way you can easily test with another 6 to see if similar tracks sound the same?
      Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Johnloudb
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2007

Nice to hear you both are okay with your iPhones.

P-Dub, I use the lightning connector to my car stereo and at home I use WiFi through my Apple TV box which is connected to a DAC. The car stereo system is what I mostly listen to pandora on and that is what irritated my ears the most.

Because of that experience I have neven tried Pandora in the home stereo with the iPhone 6. I trying to break in the phone playing it on headphones but not listening to it much yet.

I think I give a bit of time to breakin and then if I find it still irritating, I take it to the Apple Store and compare it to one their other phones.
        John unk:

Comment

• Ovation
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

I don't listen to Pandora (only occasionally use TuneIn radio app, known more for wide variety than audio quality), but I do listen to music via iTunes on a regular basis with my B&W P5 (1st gen) A LOT (as I did with my 4 before my upgrade to the 6+). No complaints. Perhaps an unlikely accidental activation of a nasty EQ setting on the phone?

Comment

• Johnloudb
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2007

I didn't know there was an EQ setting ... Where do you adjust EQ? I'll try to find that ... But yeah I kind doubt that is the problem, but will check.
            John unk:

Comment

• Johnloudb
              Super Senior Member
              • May 2007

I found it and it was turned off. I put it on the treble reducer setting for now. Think I'll be trying to get a replacement iPhone ... Sounds like there is s problem with the audio on this one.
              John unk:

Comment

• madmac
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2010

On my Android, there's a music player called 'Music' that has amazing EQ settings. You choose 'Custom' in the 'sound Alive' settings and it pulls up a 7 band EQ and you can adjust for room size, 3D effect etc. It is amazing and can make poopy MP3 stuff sound fantastic !

I would hope that the Iphone could offer something similar to that no??
                Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Johnloudb
                  Super Senior Member
                  • May 2007

Hi Dan,

Well that sounds nice, and Apple could do a lot of things but they don't. The have a lot of EQ settings but not an adjustable Eqaulizer type EQ.

I don't know why Pandora in the higher resolution mode (192kps) sounds so good on my iPhone 4s. Even my dad commented often on how natural it sounded. CD was often a step down subjectively. I bought some stuff that was the same recording featured on pandora, and like pandora better, quite often. So maybe they have some magic sauce?

In some ways it sounded good on this phone but not as good, and it was quite bright, and my ears quickly get fatigued and I have to stop. I've found jitter do the same, like when I'd hooked bargain basement DVD player to our benchmark DAC. It was just I listenable to me. And my dad found it very unpleasant to and kept the volume low.

Anyway, I've got an appointment with the Apple Store Friday so will see if they will do anything for me. Maybe they will trade this one for a refurbished one?
                  John unk:

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"