• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

Thor The Dark World

Whats up everyone?
    Anyone see this yet? From the previews it looks awesome. I really enjoyed the first one. I thought it was done extremely well.
    I'm thinking of going this weekend.
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

I just saw this last night and It was pretty good. I don't think it was as good as the first but it kept the story going in the Marvel World. Loki was awesome and really made the movie that more enjoyable.
    One thing I'd like to see it a bit less of the War Story line and change it up just a bit. Good vs Evil is always Comic story line but it seems like all the movies are geared around a WAR.

Comment

• impala454
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2007

Agreed, seems like the standard comic movies go like this:

1. Ordinary guy gains power
      2. 75% of movie 1 is him learning about his power

<or>

1. Powerful hero loses power
      2. 75% of movie 1 is him trying to get his power back

<followed by>

3. Movie 2 he struggles with becoming bad, then comes back to good towards the end just in time to save the day
      4. Movie 3: WAR

Haven't seen the new Thor yet, but would like to. I'll likely end up waiting for the bluray.
      -Chuck

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Just watched the first one again last night as a bit of a refresher before seeing the new one (I hope in the next week). Will try to squeeze in The Avengers before going. Looking forward to it (well, I always look forward to Natalie Portman on the big screen, so… ).

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Ovation
          Just watched the first one again last night as a bit of a refresher before seeing the new one (I hope in the next week). Will try to squeeze in The Avengers before going. Looking forward to it (well, I always look forward to Natalie Portman on the big screen, so… ).
          And she looks amazing as usual, good reason to go see it.

Comment

• Ovation
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

Didn't have time to re-watch The Avengers, but was able to squeeze this one in a few days ago. Enjoyed it for what it was--a comic book on screen. Oh and Natalie remains worth watching on as big a screen as one can. :T ;x(

Comment

• technodanvan
              • Nov 2009

I saw it the other day...as with the others in the series it's worth watching.

One neat thing was that there were sort of references to events in the movie during the following episodes of SHIELD. I thought that was a nice touch.
              - Danny

Comment

• Ovation
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2004

I was partially motivated to catch this earlier this week because the description on my PVR of the SHIELD episode suggested I would appreciate the episode more if I'd seen the film (and it would leave me unspoiled for the movie beyond some trailers). The rest of my motivation (some) was split between wanting to see another instalment of the Avengers-related movies and (a lot) seeing Natalie Portman on the biggest screen around.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Ovation
                  seeing Natalie Portman on the biggest screen around.
                  Yeah, my 7 foot wide home screen just doesn't do her justice. She'd be worth a visit to the local cinema if it wasn't so gosh darn crappy.
                  My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"