X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007

The Hobbit

I'm stoked to watch this one. Organized a large group to go to the first showing around here on Thursday Dec 13th midnight. I haven't been to an opening night first showing since Star Wars Episode I.

We did a little research on the best way to view it, since there's so much newfangled technology behind it. My buddy found this, which shows the list of theaters all over the world which conform to the standards Peter Jackson wants for us to see the movie in.

TORn Staffer Greendragon has been hard at work recently updating our list of theatres around the world showing The Hobbit in HFR 3D, IMAX 3D, IMAX, Dolby Atmos. The Hobbit is the first film to be released in theatres in seven formats: HFR 3D, IMAX 3D, IMAX, standard 3D, and 2D, accompanied by Dolby Atmos

His intention apparently was for people to see it in High Frame Rate (HFR) 3D IMAX, with Dolby Atmos, and according to that list, there's only four theaters in the entire world that have that. Two in LA, one in Miami, and one in San Antonio. And also only 30 theaters worldwide that even have Atmos. The theater we're going to is a Cinemark "XD" theater and is HFR 3D, but a very nice theater with comfy seats and such. Can't wait!

Anyone else going to see this??
    -Chuck
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

*Ahem*

:lol:
    Jason

Comment

• impala454
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2007

*Ahem* maybe we should turn down the auto-trim feature of the boards then so those threads show
      -Chuck

Comment

• impala454
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2007

Feel free to merge or whatever magic voodoo it is that you doo
        -Chuck

Comment

• impala454
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2007

Feel free to blow this thread away I recopied my post in the other one.
          -Chuck

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"