X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgveteran
    • Oct 2005

Atmos speaker project

This is getting a little ahead of the game as i have quite a ways to go in my current room. My system consists of (3)WMTW for my LCR, four RS225/28a twoways for sides and backs. Subs are old adire Tumults sealed. I power all the mains & surrounds with OutlawAudio M-200's. I power the Tumults with 4 bridged mono QSC1450's. I have two Behringer a500's i can use to drive them with.

Now..... What to do for Atmos speakers next year, maybe (4) RS150/28a twoways. I freakin love the RS28a tweeters, crossed over right ( as they are in my current system ) they sound so unfatiquing, and just plain nice Lol.
    I read an article on how side and back speaker should be a little lower, to allow the Atmos speakers give you that height experience...Your thoughts
    Last edited by kgveteran; 24 June 2016, 22:24 Friday.
    Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !
  • TEK
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

There was an earlier discussion here about Atmos. You might try a search to see whats discussed there. Was some discussion about indirect vs direct.
    Personally I will hold back on thr Atmos stuff. Went from 5.1 to 7.1 a few years back and I must say that I feel that it was a waste of resources. First, my source now is often Netflix and simular, and there is'nt mutch material in 7.1.
    Next it does not do all that mutch difference.
    Insuspect that it will take a looong time before we see mutch source material in Atmos. The value of it in rooms with standard room height I think will be a bit questionable as the distance from you (the listener) to the speaker will be quite short. And there are a limited number of times that star destroyer actually will fly inn at you from behind ;-)

So, that's my 5p on the matter.
    Some of the features might be left to the really nice movie theaters...
    -TEK

Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working...

Comment

• jwanck11
      • Jan 2016

I'd head to avsforum where there are lively and informational discussions (as well as builds) on and of Atmos.

I built a set and it absolutely and without question adds to the experience. YMMV.

Comment

• kgveteran
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by jwanck11
        I'd head to avsforum where there are lively and informational discussions (as well as builds) on and of Atmos.

I built a set and it absolutely and without question adds to the experience. YMMV.
        You built a set of Atmos speakers ? What did you build ? You seem quite convinced it added to the experience.

Comment

• kgveteran
          • Oct 2005

The build thread was back in 2006, members name was Poneal, it was a MT Rs150/RS28a, i have most of the info but wuld like to follow the thread if possible.....

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"