X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

Thor and other Marvel summer movies

Saw Thor today. Better than I expected. I would say it is worth a trip to the theater rather than wait for the DVD. However, not so good that I would watch it a second time when it comes out on DVD.

Saw trailers for Captain America and Green Lantern. Hard to tell from the trailers but, it looked like Captain America might be entertaining. The trailer for Green Lantern, not so much.
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007

I thoroughly (haha *groan*) enjoyed Thor. While it's definitely in the popcorn action flick category, it was very entertaining and a welcome addition to the marvel series. I saw it at a cinemark "XD" theater (basically a larger than normal screen + 3D). I mostly choose those types of theaters because they're newer and have nicer speakers. The 3D aspect was virtually non-existent. So don't go out and specifically see it in 3D unless you just want the nicer theater like I did (my local theater's "XD" is actually only a month old and has "leather" seats and stuff! very nice).

Captain America looks ok but I'm not entirely sold. I guess it's a requirement before the big marvel movie.

I don't know what to think about the green lantern movie... looks weird, but could be a decent popcorn flick. I'm less inclined to see it as it's not a must see before the marvel one (seeing as it's DC universe).
    -Chuck

Comment

• P-Dub
      Office Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Hmm, then I think I'll catch Thor in one of our local "UltraAVX 3D" screen. This is also new out here, better seats, bigger screen and reserved seating. I took a peak inside on the weekend and the screen is bigger and the seats look wider and more comfortable.

I'm looking forward to both Captain America and Green Lantern movies.
      Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Just don't get the Green Lantern and Green Hornet movies confused. Quite easy to do. (Green Hornet was NOT very good, IMHO)
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

I plan on seeing all of them , Thor looks great. He is one of my childhood favorites. Now if they only can make Captain Marvel..... Shazzam!!!!!

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Thor looks like a good comic movie. I have to wait two more weeks to see that here.
            However, I'm more interested in watching the ending credits to see if anything is mentioned for the Avengers. I'm still interested to know the Avenger's plot. The movie has so much potential to suck. lol But imdb shows they have Loki AND Hulk in there. Could it be the fight where Loki turns the Hulk against the Avengers? That would be a worthy match and end it where part 2 would continue.
            B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

I'm actually optimistic, and view the Avengers as having the potential to be the GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME. Will it be that? Eh... probably not. I certainly hope it won't suck, though.
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

Getting back to THOR, I will definitely rent it when it comes to blu-ray. I've read good reviews on it and let's face it, with Kenneth Branagh in the director's chair, it has to have something good going for it.
                My Homepage!

Comment

• audioqueso
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

Watch this last night. Good movie, but it was very... comic book like. I meant, most comic movies are "hollywoodized". Watching this looked like it came straight out of a comic. Though I enjoyed, I really felt like it was made solely to introduce The Avengers a bit more. Good stuff though!

I was pleased at the teaser portion after the credits.
                  B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Industrial
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by audioqueso
                    Watch this last night. Good movie, but it was very... comic book like. I meant, most comic movies are "hollywoodized". Watching this looked like it came straight out of a comic. Though I enjoyed, I really felt like it was made solely to introduce The Avengers a bit more. Good stuff though!

I was pleased at the teaser portion after the credits.
                    So it was done kinda done like "The Watchmen"? very true to the story/style?

Comment

• impala454
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2007

No it definitely is not like Watchmen. Seems more along the lines of the other marvel movies. Get the characters introduced, throw in some humor, have some good action/effects, etc.
                      -Chuck

Comment

• Industrial
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by impala454
                        No it definitely is not like Watchmen. Seems more along the lines of the other marvel movies. Get the characters introduced, throw in some humor, have some good action/effects, etc.
                        As long as its as good or close to Iron Man quality, I'm happy.

Edit: At the theater the movie starts in 20mins.
                        Last edited by Industrial; 15 May 2011, 12:42 Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"