X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • its_bacon12
    • May 2008

The King's Speech

Just saw this yesterday. What a great movie, my girlfriend and I were extremely pleasantly surprised by this movie. Not quite the ordinary roles for some of the actors/actresses but this movie was SO well done. I give it 10/10.

Stellar acting, extremely detailed to being historically accurate, production value, everything about this movie was top notch. I'd highly reccomend it to anyone who doesn't need a constant adrenaline rush to be engaged. Rather refreshing from many of the movies that have been released over the past year.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I was a youngster when King George reigned so at the time I wasn't aware of his speech impediment. Later I read about it and now look forward to the film.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Bob
      • Jul 2000

I agree, it is a wonderful film.

Comment

• bigburner
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2005

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
        I was a youngster when King George reigned so at the time I wasn't aware of his speech impediment. Later I read about it and now look forward to the film.
        I haven't seen this one yet George but I do know that they've been quite loose with history for dramatic effect. That should test your memory (and mine).

Nigel.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by bigburner
          I haven't seen this one yet George but I do know that they've been quite loose with history for dramatic effect. That should test your memory (and mine).

Nigel.
          Probably so, Nigel.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Alloroc
            Super Senior Member
            • Dec 2005

Saw this last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a beautiful piece of cinema and really worth seeing. The acting is superb although the two male leads are sublime in their characters, I have to say Helena Bonham Carter, an actress that excels in playing evil - was just really amazing at how she conveyed the sensitivity of a loving wife.
            Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"