X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Robin Hood

Yeah.... I just finished watching it. I didn't really like it.
    I wanted to like it, but it never really grabbed me. There was pretty much NO character development at all. Good potential story, but it seemed like it was just rushed in too many ways.
    Don't know... I can't really say I recommend it. I'm kinda disappointed.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

I would give it a marginal thumbs up. I saw it on a rainy day with nothing else to do. It passed the time but, the moment it was over I was thinking about where I would go eat and not the movie, never a good sign. At least I didn't fall asleep during it and then get up and leave like I did for Ironman 2 and Transformers 2.
    I would say wait for the dvd to come out and rent, don't buy.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I'm a big Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe fan and am willing to take the good with the bad, so it will go in my collection when it is released on Blu-ray. And the fact that Bob didn't fall asleep tells me it can't be all that bad.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Unfortunately, only getting 44% on Rotten Tomatoes.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

There was a 2-hour show on the History Channel this week titled The Real Robin Hood that interspersed "interviews" with Ridley Scott, Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett amongst those of historians, military historians, and recreations of various scenes from English history that deal with both the legend and research into the possible existence of a true Robin Hood. Nothing earthshaking came out of it but it was a fairly entertaining couple of hours.

One thing I did find interesting was Russell Crowe's comment that they had re-set the story to look more into the defense of man's rights and not so much the steal from the rich and give to the poor we're accustomed to seeing.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Wait... a modern day shift AWAY from "redistribution of wealth"? There's a change...
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"