X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Band of Brothers

I'm currently watching a re-run of this series on satellite TV and I'm amazed how good it is. I didn't watch it when it first screened because I assumed it would be another all-presentation-no-content shoot-em-up piece of Hollywood crap. Instead I find it's a gripping story with excellent character development and thoroughly convincing action scenes. Outstanding stuff!

Nigel.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Yeah, I REALLY enjoyed these shows, too. I was a bit thrown by some of the soldiers' actions at the end of the series, in the final episodes, where in the war's aftermath they were doing some shady things. It threw off the honorable light that they had been portrayed with for the rest of the show.

Truly amazing events that took place, and amazing people that participated.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

The BD is excellent, for anyone who wishes to delve a bit further into the series (and watch it in hi-def).

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"