X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Caprica

I was a big fan of the new Battlestar Galactica series, and still need to get caught up on the series. The complete series on BD is in my Amazon wish list.

I see the SyFy channel (I don't like the new spelling) has a new series coming out called "Caprica", based on the BSG series. Looks intruiging. I'll check it out. I think the premier is this Friday.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

there is a dvd of the pilot available that premiered sometime last year. you really need to see it before you watch the show.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Just watched the 2-hour series premier that aired on SyFy last night. (was that any different from the DVD?)

Thougth it was pretty good. Got more interesting towards the end. Rather interesting that it's so centered on the ideas of "avatars", given the movie that just came out. I wonder if one had anything to do with the other. We also get to see the birth of cylons, and get an idea of where the theme comes from in the new BSG series of God and life in cylons and humans.

Will be most interesting to those fans of BSG lore. I'll watch it for a couple episodes, at least, to see if it goes anywhere. It didn't grab my attention right off like the new BSG did. (which I still have to catch up on)
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"