X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

New Battlestar Galactica Spinoff 2013

When the new BSG came out several years ago, I really enjoyed it, but then was not able to watch the last few seasons. I caught some of Caprica, which wasn't too bad. Then for this past Christmas, family gave me the entire new BSG on Blu Ray. I've really been eating it up, revisiting how good it was, as well as the latter seasons that I missed.

So I happened to come across a notice that a new spinoff BSG series is just now starting, and will be streamed and on TV. I watched part of the first episode. Seems a bit cheesy, but we'll see.

UNIVERSAL CABLE PRODUCTIONS’ HIGHLY ANTICIPATED
    BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: BLOOD & CHROME
    TO PREMIERE NOVEMBER 9 EXCLUSIVELY ON MACHINIMA,
    LAUNCHING A THREE-TIERED WINDOWING STRATEGY
    INCORPORATING ONLINE, TELEVISION AND HOME ENTERTAINMENT

FROM THE AWARD-WINNING PRODUCERS AND VFX TEAM BEHIND
    BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

EVENT STARS LUKE PASQUALINO (“THE BORGIAS”) AND BEN COTTON (“ALCATRAZ”)

LOS ANGELES – November 5, 2012 – Universal Cable Productions (UCP) will launch for the first time a three-tiered windowing strategy including online, TV and home entertainment, for Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome, a spinoff of the blockbuster Battlestar Galactica series franchise. Fans will first view Blood & Chrome when it premieres exclusively on Machinima’s premium channel, Machinima Prime (YouTube.com/MachinimaPrime), beginning November 9. The initial online debut introduces the latest segment of the revered TV series franchise to a new generation of fans while also launching the multi-platform strategy.

This highly anticipated chapter in the Battlestar Galactica saga takes place in the midst of the first Cylon war. As the battle between humans and their creation, the sentient robotic Cylons, rages across the 12 colonial worlds, gifted fighter pilot, William Adama (Luke Pasqualino, The Borgias), finds himself assigned to one of the most powerful battlestars in the Colonial fleet: the Galactica. Full of ambition and hungry for action, Adama quickly finds himself at odds with his co-pilot, the battle-weary officer Coker (Ben Cotton, Alcatraz). With only 47 days left in his tour of duty, Coker desires an end to battle as much as Adama craves its onset. Lili Bordán (Silent Witness) also stars.

Universal Cable Productions’ partner in the launch is Machinima, the next-generation video entertainment network for young males, and the number one entertainment network on YouTube. Each Blood & Chrome chapter will premiere exclusively on Machinima Prime (http://www.youtube.com/MachinimaPrime), Machinima’s premium channel, which has garnered over half a million subscribers in 3 months, and among other young male centric content, features original series in the sci-fi, drama, comedy, sports and animation genres.

Leveraging cutting edge CGI and virtual set technology, Blood & Chrome is produced by Universal Cable Productions, a division of NBCUniversal, and the award-winning producing team of Battlestar Galactica. David Eick (Battlestar Galactica, Caprica) is executive producer along with Michael Taylor (Battlestar Galactica, Caprica), who wrote the teleplay from a story by Eick, Bradley Thompson (Battlestar Galactica, Falling Skies) and David Weddle (Battlestar Galactica, Falling Skies). Blood & Chrome was directed by Jonas Pate (Prime Suspect, Caprica).

“With its top-notch storytelling, pulse-pounding action, and cutting-edge visual effects, Blood & Chrome is the perfect extension of the Battlestar Galactica universe,” said Mark Stern, President, Original Content, Syfy and Co-Head, Original Content, Universal Cable Productions. “We are thrilled to see this hotly-anticipated event premiere on Machinima, an online network that is unparalleled in its delivery of high-class digital content to millions of viewers.”

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome will be presented as ten, 7-12 minute episode chapters available exclusively on Machinima Prime until February 2013, followed by its premiere as a 2-hour movie on Syfy (airdate TBA), and finishing with the release of an unrated version on Blu-ray, DVD, digital download, PPV and VOD. The series will remain on Machinima through April 2013.

“The storied Battlestar Galactica franchise has a huge following and resonates perfectly with our audience,” said Allen DeBevoise, Chairman, Co-Founder, and CEO of Machinima, Inc. “We are thrilled to be the exclusive distributor for Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome. Series fans have been anticipating this chapter of the Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome story and we are proud to deliver it to them, as a whole new audience on Machinima, reinforcing Battlestar Galactica’s status as a pop culture icon.”
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

First episode portion is here:

[youtube]pT79x4qM4FE&[/youtube]
    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Dmantis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2004

Looks pretty cool, I enjoyed BSG as well but I didn't really like Caprica. I tried to watch it but the story dragged and really didn't go anywhere.

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

I loved Caprica and I think it was just starting to get good when they up and canceled it. I'll definitely be checking out the new spin off.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

While watching my current BSG marathon, I came across this little tidbit, which has been VERY useful. There's a lot of extra webisodes, TV-movies, and such in the BSG world, and it's been very difficult to figure out what to watch when, to try and get a comprehensive view of everything out there without jumping ahead with any piece and getting a spoiler. Even the complete BD package doesn't include some things like some of the webisodes, nor make it clear what order to put some things in. And it saves you from having to watch some episodes twice to watch extended versions.

The ultimate viewing order for Battlestar Galactica! With so many off-shoots, extended episodes, webisodes, one-off movies and weird bits...

Very useful for anyone else that would like to sit down and watch/rewatch the complete series. This includes the spinoffs like Caprica, and even the new Blood and Chrome that's coming out right now.

Man, there's so many things about this show that is exceptional, and makes me want to use the label of "best show ever broadcast". Then they go and do some stuff that makes me take it back. All in all, though, such a good show.
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

I think Blood and Chrome is going to air on the Sci-Fi channel next week. IMDB says it will be Feb 19th.
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• june
              • Feb 2005

hello all,

i watch it yesterday & enjoyed it.
              June
              "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

I had set my DVR for it, and I think it recorded over the weekend. Have started to watch it. Pretty good so far.
                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Dmantis
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jun 2004

I forgot about this , I gotta go setup my DVR , thanks for the reminder. Hopefully it's as good as the series was which IMO was amazing.

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

I finished watching last night. Thought it was pretty good.
                    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Dmantis
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jun 2004

Am I missing something? I didn't see the option to record it nor did it show it's even on. I noticed the Blu ray is released correct? I feel so left out

Comment

• Hdale85
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2006

I think it's a web series.

Comment

• Chris D
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Dec 2000

It started as a web series, and you can still find it at the links I posted above. But the Sci-Fi channel has just shown it on their network. I have no doubt they'll be showing it as a re-run, so look into it.
                          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Dmantis
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Jun 2004

I think I'll pick up the Blu ray

Comment

• Mw182006
                              • Feb 2013

Sorry to derail but my buddy has been telling me about the old BSG for a while now...what's the best way to start the series for a newbie? It sounds like there's been a few iterations.
                              -Michael

Comment

• Chris D
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Dec 2000

Michael, here is an excellent fan page that can direct you to how to watch the various shows and episodes. You may want to consider watching the 1976 Battlestar Galactica series first.
                                The ultimate viewing order for Battlestar Galactica! With so many off-shoots, extended episodes, webisodes, one-off movies and weird bits...
                                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Mw182006
                                  • Feb 2013

Haha wow...had no idea it went back that far.
                                  -Michael

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"