X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

A snippet from IMDB

I just discovered this today. It was up above my IMDB resume. My 2 minutes of fame.

Robert Jason discusses the role of the gaffer on set. He explains his collaboration process with the DP and how to light different genders.

In the lower left corner my cat gives his review.
    Last edited by Bob; 06 May 2014, 20:49 Tuesday.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Wow, Bob! Thank you so much for sharing--I've been dying to get a peek into what you do, and what you've been involved in. Would like to see more!
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Bob
      • Jul 2000

Thanks Chris. I get courious as to what members look like and assume that others do to. Now you know what I look like. A goofy 62 year old that feels uncomfortable in front of a camera.

Two of the most common questions I get are "What is a grip and what is a gaffer", this answers at least one of the questions.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

So that's what you look like, Bob. Well, I already knew you had one helluva an interesting job but it was very gratifying to hear you explain exactly what you do. Those birds visiting your feeder ( I love birds ) kept catching my attention so I had to replay the video to get what I missed.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Bob
          • Jul 2000

George,

Our backyard is a playground for urban wildlife. Birds, coons, opposums, skunks, blue herons, ducks, squirrels, butterflies.

I planted California coastal redwood trees every 10 feet all around the perimeter. We have a pond fed with 2 manmade streams with multiple waterfalls that really attract all the animals.

Our yard is a official Wildlife Santuary and we were given a plaque we proudly display. Almost all our plants are either Califonia natives, or are from South Africa and Australia. These countries are similar in climate to Southern California. Their advantage is that they bloom and grow during our winter which allows for a year round green yard. Not bad for being in the middle of Los Angeles.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Bob, my backyard also has its share of coons, skunks, birds and squirrells, but we also get a lot of deer. They aren't the least bit afraid of me and will come right up to my deck as long as I don't make any sudden moves.

But, getting back to your property. That sounds like a place you would want to live until the end of your days.
            My Homepage!

Comment

• Bob
              • Jul 2000

That sounds like a place you would want to live until the end of your days.
              That's what I thought. It will be interesting to see how my wife and I adjust to urban loft living in the middle of New Orleans.

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Bob, will you be keeping the California house? I hope so.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Originally posted by David Meek
                  Bob, will you be keeping the California house? I hope so.
                  Bob, you just have to. That's a home to die for.
                  My Homepage!

Comment

• Bob
                    • Jul 2000

Yes, we will be keeping it. It will make for a good rental property.

Comment

• scarpi
                      • Jul 2008

Well my neighborhood gets an ocassional coyote and a neighbor's five foot iguana is loose somewhere in our area. He likes yards that have a pool and a vegetable garden. The coyotes and the iguana also can scale the six foot block walls between our houses. We also have lots of hummingbirds fighting over the feeder. Apparantly one of them thinks he owns it. Isn't wildlife great!

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"