X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

Bottle Shock

Very fun film that is based on true events.
    Based on a true story, Bottle Shock chronicles the events leading up to the famous 'Judgment of Paris' tastings, told through the lives of father and son, Jim and Bo Barrett. A former real estate attorney, Jim sacrificed everything to realize his dream of creating the perfect hand-crafted chardonnay. His business, however, is struggling, and he's not only trying to overcome differences with his slacker son, but is also fighting off the creditors. Meanwhile in Paris, unwitting British wine shop owner Steven Spurrier hopes to revive his own failing business by sponsoring a competition which will pit the traditional French powerhouse against the California upstarts. Little did Steven and Jim realize that they were both on course to change the history of wine forever.
    When it comes to a end you will find yourself in the nearest wine shop along with your fellow movie patrons.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Huh... never heard of this! Could be really cool, though, I appreciate good wines. Will definitely check it out.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Alloroc
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2005

Yeah! Remember what Sideways (the movie) did for Pinot Noir!

Can't wait for this one.
      Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"