X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

The Incredible Hulk

I just came back from watching this movie. I'm really psyched right now! This movie was awesome! DEFINITELY 100% better than the last one they made. I want to be careful on some of the things I say so that I don't spoil it.

What I liked about it most is how intricate the "comic book knowledge" is in the movie. The movie in general is great, but it's even better if you have ever read any Hulk comic book. A bunch of small details here and there that only those who have read the comic would get. Even stuff from the old tv series. Like I said, those who have read the Hulk will enjoy it a LOT more because they really paid attention to the small details from the comic book this time.

For those who don't know the Hulk, pay attention to the movie from the VERY beginning while the music is playing (what Marvel does with all it's movies now). In this movie, they explain a lot in that opening music/comic-page beginning and jump right into the movie without bothering to explain anything else. Very different from their other movies, but it worked great!

Yes, just by watching the trailer one could figure out the whole movie. However, from the start of the movie until the very end it just keeps going uphill. The longer I watched the movie, the better it got until the very last minute. It was very well thought through. :T

The ending really is the best part. And no... you don't have to stay till after the credits. You can leave once the credits roll. :B

I won't spoil it, but Marvel seems to be not only tieing in references to other Marvel heroes, but also timelines.

GREAT MOVIE! Go watch it. You will not be disappointed like the last one. :T :T
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Hey, just watched it last night. I have to agree with all your comments.

Originally I wanted to see this, then read a review from the a newspaper which swayed my desired so I put it on a will watch when it comes out on DVD.

Well a few weeks later, I'm surfing the net and read another review which basically covers your points and now I had to go see it.

I think this may be the last time I trust that paper's reviewer. I had a great time watching this movie.

Totally agree that Marvel has made major strides to the quality of production. The story is tight. I really like the pacing and the flow, I never felt it was slow at any point.

Just for some background, I was familiar with Hulk, watched the TV show but never bought the comic.

BTW, yes you can leave once the credit rolls. The good bit is right at the end. But I still stayed to the very end, after leaving Iron Man too soon.

The crowds should be light now. I arrived about 15 minutes before and got in now problem and had a decent seat.

It seems like this is going to be a good year for movies.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

This movie compared to the last Hulk is like comparing Batman Begins to any of the Batmans after Michael Keaton.

One thing I didn't know until I saw the credits is that when Ed Norton becomes the Hulk, Lou Ferrigno actually did the voice. FYi, Lou Ferrigno was the original Hulk from the old tv series.

And lastly, that girl from the factory was so HOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Oh, I must add that since the start of these Marvel comic movies (starting with X-Men), I haven't liked it much when they add big known actors as the star. X-Men was more of a team, so Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen really pulled it off, but thinking back to Daredevil, Elektra, Ghost Rider... they added big names as the stars, but it wasn't really all that great.

However, Ironman and The Hulk have proven otherwise. They have just been miles ahead in quality for everything. Robert Downey Jr. MADE Ironman. He was just flawless, and nailed it on the spot. I thought the Hulk would bomb because the last movie sucked, and again they put big actors in it, but Ed Norton and Tim Roth made an awesome combination. Both did an incredible job, and it's almost seemed as if both's acting abilities were overkill for the roles. But I'm glad they did it because their characters were so concrete.

I was thinking about why these two movies were so much better than the other Marvel movies, and after reading some articles about the other movies, I picked up that these are the first two Marvel-based movies where Marvel Studio did the majority of the production on their own. If you recall, it's always been 20th Century or Columbia doing the production with Marvel Studio to aid. Ironman and The Hulk were done without 20th or Columbia. The majority was from Marvel Studio's alone. Not to say that Spider-man wasn't great, but when you watch Spider-man, it doesn't have the same FEEL as if this movie was taken straight from a comic-book. It was great, but Ironman and The Hulk seemed like the production was more from a comic team, and not a Hollywood team.

Comment

• Alaric
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Please bear in mind , most "reviewers" weren't even born when The Incredible Hulk was a star.
          Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
          Marantz PM-KI Pearl
          Schiit Modi 3
          Marantz CD5005
          Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Neither was I, but I still remember watching the reruns of the series when I returned home from school.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Just saw it, too. I agree, a better product than the last one. Good, but could have been better. I think I might like Jennifer Connelly (oh, yeah) and Sam Elliot better in their roles in the first one.

As hinted above, there are some ties with this movie to other Marvel and legacy stuff. I won't give away secrets, but it was fun to watch and see this stuff, even though I never read the original comics or anything. I still identified most of the things, and I'm glad that I just watched Iron Man, too. But I'll say this--it looks like we're in for a MASSIVE upcoming project, with many other movies about superheroes, and we're seeing foreshadowing of a big, big future film with a large group of superheroes combined. Keep your eyes/ears open!
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"