X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

The Incredible Hulk

I watched this BD last night. This is my second BD, and I must say, I still am impressed with the audio of these disks. You can hear so much detail. The video was very impressive during the forrest scenes. Overall, great BD disk. I didn't care for the extras though. I was hoping to see some sneak preview of something cool related to Marvel, but no.

The movie, I enjoyed it the first time in the theaters, I still liked it. For those unfamiliar with the Hulk, watch the opening scenes (when the music is playing). The movie starts off quiet, but keeps building on it all the way until the end. Definitely worth the purchase. :T
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

I assume this is the 2008 version? I have it on order, not here yet.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Yes, the one that just came out this summer (2008).
      I thought the other one was just called "Hulk" and this new one was called "The Incredible Hulk", no?

Comment

• impala454
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2007

Picked it up at lunch today on BD. I haven't seen the movie yet but will probably watch it this weekend, can't wait!
        -Chuck

Comment

• NMG
          • Oct 2004

I purchased and watched the BR tonight as well and I must say, between Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, superhero movies are being taken to a new level.

I really enjoyed this movie and many of the scenes simply had me grinning from ear to ear. The PQ and SQ was superb and all channels got a good workout. I was actually feeling a wee bit uncomfortable during the sound cannon scene and I was grateful that I only have a single 12. On second thought, naw I need a 15 . . . LOL

Overall, a great movie to sit back and just enjoy OR to show off your system to your friends.

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by NMG
            I purchased and watched the BR tonight as well and I must say, between Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, superhero movies are being taken to a new level.
            Very much agreed on. I hope Hollywood can continue this great pace. :T

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

I agree this one was very good. I didn't thin it was a sequel to the first Hulk movie but it appeared to be. Regardless very good.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Watched it last night, very good!
                B&W

Comment

• ShadowZA
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jan 2006

Just watched it. Superb! :T

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2001

Not a bad sequel, but I am thankful that the " 70 minute cuts " were indeed cuts. I felt the film was long enough to tell the story.
                    My Homepage!

Comment

• M.Roberts8
                      • Jan 2006

I wished they could have kept Sam Elliot and Jennifer Connelly as the general and his daughter. William Hurt didn't deliver for me. Overall though I enjoyed it. The first one was good when he was hulked out but the back story was mega drawn out. This one is more watchable for repeat viewings.

Comment

• Ovation
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Sep 2004

I'll be adding this one to the collection (I have the first one) but I've not seen it yet. I am in the (apparent) minority who really enjoyed the first film for precisely the backstory. I appreciated what Ang Lee was trying to do, even if I think he fell short. I've heard good enough things about this new one to make it a blind buy but I don't feel a huge rush to do so yet (so many "want to have" titles, along with unwatched discs on my shelves in various formats (SD DVD, HD DVD, BD).

Comment

• Chris D
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Dec 2000

I agree. Sam Elliot was the better of the two. (can you really ever out-"man" Sam Elliot?) And, of course, I'll pick Jennifer Connelly over just about anybody.
                          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                          - Pleasantville

Comment

• Ovation
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Sep 2004

Just watched this today (decided to rent it first--not that it won't go into the collection, but it may be a while before it does and renting is cheaper).

I can see why this was more popular than the first. It is a lot closer, if not identical, to the comics. It is also a more conventional "super-hero" movie (the first one was not and, as such, probably did not meet many people's expectations).

I did like the nods to the TV show (Jack McGee, "you wouldn't like me...", Bixby on TV and so on) and I found it enjoyable to watch. The CGI Hulk's appearance is better. However, I still prefer the first one. I prefer Connolly and Elliot (I like Tyler and Hurt in general, but neither seemed as well suited in their respective roles as their predecessors). I also found Gen. Ross more sympathetic in the first film as a character (regardless of the actor). Overall, I found the Ang Lee film more sophisticated as a story and thus more rewarding. Not to say this one was bad--just that the first one, to me, was better.

Looking forward to the Avenger's film.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"