X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Happy Feet

First movie I actually go to a theater in maybe a year to see and it ends up being this. Oh well, time spent with my kid and his friend and his dad.

Any way, liked it better than I thought I would. Not-too-original tale of dare to be different outcast shows the value of of indiviudality, some nice music to get your feet happy. Decent voice talent in spite of it being A-list actors. CGI was all top notch. Definitely a fun one for the hids that won't bore you as a parent.

BB
  • brendon
    • Aug 2004

I took my 5 year old and 8 year old sons to see this on boxing day at a country cinema where we were holidaying and whilst the visuals where state of the art and a few original ideas (except for the mandatory chase scenes featuring leopard seals and killer whales that will scare the poo out the littleist ones) it just missed the mark for me .The 5 year old lost interest towards the half way mark but the eight year old enjoyed it.
    It certainly changes tone quite dramatically in the last half when mumbles leaves to find the "aliens" and gets quiet dark in tone.
    As far as current CGI films go I would give it a solid 4 out of 5 :T with an extra .5 in that score for the most detailed helicopter in recent CGI.
    brendon

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"