Found these feet in case anyone is interested.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wildcard26
    • Aug 2006

Found these feet in case anyone is interested.

Hey guys, I'm a DIYer and I know some of you may be interested in this. So this is no spamming but sharing the wealth here. I found these feet on Ebay. These are like those that were on PE at one time, guy says he has some to sell and he seems standup with good feedback.

Check out the auction here:

http://cgi.****.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:B:EF:US:1123
  • Blktre
    • Apr 2008

Thanks, been searching hi and low. I'm sure these feet will be heavily bid upon now.....lol!
    Purchased for $25 Buy it Now for all 8 feet. Comes with gold spikes and black rubber feet.....Thanks alot for posting that up. I owe ya a pint sometime!
    Cheers,
    Andy

Comment

• Wildcard26
      • Aug 2006

No problem buddy.

Comment

• jkrutke
        • Dec 2005

I've got an entire case of those. They were previously sold at PE as a buyout. I jumped on it since there's really nothing like it on the market, reasonably priced at least.

You can see the last pair I used in the ZDT3.5 project here. For the record, I like them and I'm not selling any. :B In all honesty though, they could be made a little stronger and out of cast/polished steel. Like the Totem Claw feet for example.
        Zaph|Audio

Comment

• ---k---
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Nov 2005

Yeah, I was looking for those for my towers. But Thomas convinced me that they were too small. I agree with John about the size/strength. I've heard a couple people say that they have broken them while trying to walk their large speakers around on them. I know they shouldn't be walking their speakers around on the spikes, but it is bound to happen.
          - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
          CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
          CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• Wildcard26
            • Aug 2006

Never try to walk large towers. I'm scaling down my towers for some smaller ones with 6.5" from 8" woofer drivers.

Comment

• Blktre
              • Apr 2008

Walking speakers is always a no-no with any type of feet or outrigger. I'm a little bummed that these are not as strong as Id thought. But for $15/speaker thats not bad to get me started. The outrigger set I was looking at was around $225/speaker.

My other thought was to build some outriggers myself using some flat steel. Then attach the Dayton spikes to those. Might someday, who knows.

Comment

• ---k---
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Nov 2005

Pictures of another one of my unfinished projects.

I just cut these from 3/4 MDF using a combo of a table saw and jig saw. after the first one, I used it as a template and a router trim bit.

I had to cut a couple of them. The first one I cut looked good on paper and the saw, but under the speaker they were way too small.

I got some painted black and some veneered with PE vinyl veneer. I like the wood, and it is small enough that you don't notice the vinyl. If I had been thinking, I would have cut them from birch ply and stained it. But, I had a couple of scraps of MDF the right size on top of the stack.
                Attached Files
                - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
                CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
                CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• Amphiprion
                  • Apr 2006

PE no longer carries these????

Comment

• Blktre
                    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Amphiprion
                    PE no longer carries these????
                    As of right now.....nope....but if there is enuff interest and these people tell PE they want them, i can see PE restocking these.

Comment

• Bastek
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Wildcard26
                      Never try to walk large towers. I'm scaling down my towers for some smaller ones with 6.5" from 8" woofer drivers.
                      I walk my towers every day, so i installed flat blue sliders, they make 120lbs slide on any surface like they have wheels.

Comment

• Dennis H
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Bastek
                        I walk my towers every day, so i installed flat blue sliders, they make 120lbs slide on any surface like they have wheels.
                        Yeah, the whole notion of spikes making speakers sound better is a crock. Isolating them from the floor is where it's at and making them easy to move is a good thing.

Comment

• fjhuerta
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Jun 2006

I used those on my Monoliths... and broke them in 10 seconds

On smaller speakers, though, they work great and look very nice.
                          Javier Huerta

Comment

• orbifold
                            • Jun 2006

Well then, I have spikes from PE, and was also going to try the flat steel route. As much because they look so good on outriggers. ops:
                            So, just getting a set of rubber feet, or maybe trying Sorbothane for the same kind of thing, and screwing them to a slight recess in the cabinet bottom is better?

Dave
                            Don't fight, don't argue... If you stay healthy and wait by the river, you'll see all your enemies float by, one by one!

Anonymous

Comment

• tylerdurden
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by ---k---
                              Pictures of another one of my unfinished projects.

I just cut these from 3/4 MDF using a combo of a table saw and jig saw. after the first one, I used it as a template and a router trim bit.

I had to cut a couple of them. The first one I cut looked good on paper and the saw, but under the speaker they were way too small.

I got some painted black and some veneered with PE vinyl veneer. I like the wood, and it is small enough that you don't notice the vinyl. If I had been thinking, I would have cut them from birch ply and stained it. But, I had a couple of scraps of MDF the right size on top of the stack.
                              Those look great -K-. I found an old table at a thrift store that has a bunch of solid oak 2x2 on it for just $4. It has at least 12' of it threw out the table. I am a firm beleiver in recycling materials from broken or missused furniture. It saves you a ton of money and keeps it out of landfills. I was thinking of making something similar to yours with it. Im also going to try making legs similar to the spikes wild card found using the 2x2 on my wood lathe. A combination of the two would probably work best. Making the spikes in two peices then runing one thiner peice crossways to the other side, like yours do.
                              Got my gears grinding now. :B

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"