X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

@#$%* Comcast!

Hello All,

Anyone having a problem with "ON DEMAND?" I've been without On Demand for 3 weeks. 3 different techs came out but still no O.D. The message is "communication error." Comcast isn't charging us for the box this month, but it's an inconvience. We live in the Philly area 19027. Anyone know when Verizon FIOS is coming to the area?
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • storello
    • Mar 2006

Believe it or not, I've had very good service from Comcast but I'm now only using them for high speed internet. I cut off my TV service, signed up for Netflix (which I use as a slow speed form of "on demand") and I get my HDTV off the air. I'm also about to put together a PC that will give me HDTV PVR service. Not a bad deal at $19/month! I live in the Phila. area. HDTV signal strength is pretty good here and you get more channels. For example, NJN is broadcasting 3 SDTV channels plus 1 HDTV channel.

I've heard that some areas are getting FIOS but considering that they have to string all new optical lines I'm sure that many areas will be waiting a very long time for service.

The best revenge may be to cancel the service ;-)

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

It's probably an issue with your upstream channel. Do you have a cable modem? Is it working ok? How many splitters do you have between the cable coming into the house and your cable box?

Do the digital/HDTV channels come in OK? How about the low-numbered channels (2-6)? Are they clear, or snowy?

Comment

• june
        • Feb 2005

Kev,

Everything else is great. Clear picture & awesome sound on all HD channels. The 3rd tech is coming out tommorrow. No modem, only Comcast cable. Do you think I'll get a separate line to correct this problem?
        June

Comment

• badboyspack
          • May 2006

Did they ever fix your problem june ?

I wonder if the installer hooked it up right in the first place.
          Tom
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Klipsch RF-7's mains
          Klipsch RC-7 center
          Klipsch RB-75's surrounds
          :heh:

Comment

• june
            • Feb 2005

Hello BB,

This person at another site helped me out. This was his response:

The ON DEMAND is a two way communication system. So if you have Splitter or amplifier that is not bi-directional, the ON DEMAND feature will come back and say "communication error."

After telling the Comcast tech this info, we now have no issues.

CAN'T WAIT FOR FIOS FROM VERIZON!!!!
            June

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"