X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stantheman2
    • Apr 2004

convert cable in to digital/hdtv out?

I'm purchasing a Panasonic plasma with a QAM tuner, so I can view Comcast HDTV without their cursed set-top box fee. The problem: the Panny doesn't have an RF (coax cable) input. The older receiver I have on that system won't pass an HDTV signal. A Google search turned up nothing. There MUST be a simple converter box with an RF cable input and component or HDMI output that will pass an HDTV signal. Help!!
  • locomk
    • Dec 2005

if the panny doesn't have a rf coax input than it doesn't have a qam tuner. which model is it.

Comment

• stantheman2
      • Apr 2004

Off the Panasonic web site:
      TH-42PX60U
      42" Diagonal Plasma HDTV with Built-In ATSC/QAM/NTSC Tuners and SD Memory Card Slot

Back panel photos on web don't show RF input. I agree, w/QAM, there should be an RF input. however, I can't find it.

Comment

• Marzen
        • Jul 2005

Threaded RF input is oriented downward & located just above the text ANT.

-Ward
        What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

Comment

• stantheman2
          • Apr 2004

Thank you, oh wise senior member. Now, can I get to BB tomorrow early enough to snag one of the Pannys? The lbs of turkey I just ate are weighing me down and slowing me up...

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

I'm not seeing a cable-card slot, so you will not be able to view any locked digital channels (including the HD ones). You'll probably be limited to your regular cable channels and your networks (ABC, NBC, etc) in HD.

Kevin D.

Comment

• stantheman2
              • Apr 2004

Thx for the advice. I only have Comcast's "basic" hd package, so no premium HD channels. That's one reason why the Panny seems like a good fit for me - PQ, feature set, and $$. Now, if only such a purchase can make it past the gatekeeper, i.e., wife, with all my appendages intact. She was the one that first expressed a desire for a plasma HDTV, but she has the puzzling and disconcerting notion that a new kitchen stove is a higher priority. I'm simply trying to remain true to one of Robert Heinlein's "life messages" in Time Enough for Love - Budget the luxuries first!"

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"